Fentimans have been making natural botanical drinks for over 100 years. Our artisanal drinks are brewed for 7 days using the time-honoured botanical brewing process. The result is a superior drink that tastes simply delicious.
It was in 1905, Thomas Fentiman, an iron puddler from Cleckheaton, England was approached by a fellow tradesman for a loan. A deal was struck and a recipe for botanically brewed ginger beer was provided as security. The loan was never repaid so Thomas became the owner of the unique recipe. Thomas began using the recipe and producing botanically brewed ginger beer which he delivered door-to-door using a horse and cart for transport.
The world has changed a lot over 100 years since Thomas Fentiman founded the business. Fentimans have had to adapt to meet the demands of an ever changing world. Changes in the way people shop has meant our door-to-door deliveries have made way for selling online and in shops, bars and restaurants. The old stone jars have also been replaced by our iconic and instantly recognisable glass bottle.
Over 100 years since we first started brewing botanical drinks, the business is still in the Fentimans family and is owned by the Great Grandson of Thomas Fentiman. We also continue to make our delicious natural beverages by the multi-stage botanical brewing technique. Our processes have been updated and our beverages are now carbonated before being filled and pasteurised to extend the product shelf life. However, the one thing that has not changed is the superior quality, craftsmanship and unsurpassed flavour of our drinks.
Successful & Sustainable growth means that we are now seeking to appoint a Senior Category Manager.
Are you ready to be part of the story?
The Senior Category Manager will play a leading role with our largest customers, turning category data and insight into ambitious growth plans with our customers. They will develop strong relationships with buyers, merchandisers, and customer category teams to become the ‘go to’ source of category insight and recommendations.
By understanding the dynamics of range, distribution, promotions, price, and NPD, the Senior Category Manager will be able to cut through the noise of multiple data sources to provide the key actions that will drive growth for Fentimans and our key customers.
As a result the role will be able to grow the distribution footprint of the Fentimans brand inline with annual targets, improve the range mix by ensuring our fastest selling products are distributed in the right places, and play a leading role in ensuring NPD is both fit for market and sold in with rationale.
As Fentimans looks to grow its distribution base outside Adult Soft Drinks, the Senior Category Manager will lead the development of the Mixers category strategy. Working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager for mixers, they will ensure the fundamentals of our mixers proposition are best placed to gain widespread distribution in the market.
The Senior Category Manager will be responsible for the category management of our largest customers. They will be responsible for turning our category data into insight and category plans that will deliver growth for Fentimans and our customers. The role will have one direct report (Business Analyst), who will be responsible for business and category performance reporting.
External responsibilities will include:
- Leading monthly, quarterly and annual category reviews with key customers.
- Leading the range change process with customers to grow distribution and improve mix.
- Designing and ensuring a core range of best selling products are listed in optimal distribution.
- Writing selling decks for NPD and new initiatives to gain listings.
- Evaluating instore promotions and writing a Fentimans promotional framework.
- Understanding opportunities for promotional feature with customers.
- Being the key point of customer contact for category insight in the market.
Internal responsibilities will include:
- Writing the Mixers category strategy, ensuring our proposition is fit for market.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to use category insight to inform new launches.
- Tracking distribution throughout the year to understand opportunities for growth.
- Evaluating the competitive landscape and its impact on Fentimans.
- Leading internal category performance reviews.
- Supporting and developing the Business Analyst in their career.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years category management experience within an FMCG environment; this could be either Supplier or Retail side. Being highly analytical well organised with strong attention to detail you will have a passion for converting data into actionable insight and grasp the opportunity to learn.