Senior Merchandising Category Merchant Meat & Seafood – Kensington
Founded in 1980 as one small store in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is now the world’s leading retailer of natural and organic foods, with more than 500 stores throughout North America, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Here at Whole Foods Market, we remain uniquely mission driven: To Nourish People and the Planet.
We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Merchandising Category Merchant - Meat & Seafood to develop category goals & strategies and product assortments through the lens of our core customer, ensuring a strong mix of national brand product relevance, best-in-class local product relevance, and best- in-class private label product relevance - distinguishing Whole Foods Market from our competition.
Responsible for business financial performance, developing strategies that drive profitable sales through data-rich, customer centric assortment selection, product development, pricing, presentation, and promotion. Partners and works closely with Merchandising Planning, Merchandise Operations, Procurement, Distribution, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Regional Leadership, and our Suppliers to deliver on category goals and strategies most effectively.
The Main Responsibilities for Senior Merchandising Category Merchant - Meat & Seafood Kensington
- Accountable for the financial performance of the meat & seafood category area through pre-season strategy and planning
- Develops category strategy based on financial expectations, category role, category performance, customer and product trends, competitive landscape and WFM differentiators
- Develops and executes category assortment plan including supplier line reviews, assortment analysis, internal stakeholder collaboration, item planning and forecasting
- Contributes to category price strategy development and helps ensure development of financially sound and value adding pricing tactics
- Works with suppliers / vendors to obtain information about new trends and products, potential new items, competitor practices, and other factors that may impact category analysis and planning
- Supports team efforts to integrate branded / exclusive programs into overall category strategies
- Partners with support teams to ensure category execution (e.g., new item set up and planogramming)
- Analyses category performance, trends, and competitive assortment and pricing
- Engages with suppliers to ensure early insight into trends and products; early and exclusive access to new items; differentiated products, merchandising and promotions and competitive costs
- Supports space planning efforts associated with program plans and strategies
- Leverages data-driven analyses and insights to support / lead negotiations with current and potential suppliers
The ideal candidate for Senior Merchandising Category Merchant Meat & Seafood Kensington will have:
- Ability to develop strong relationships and hold influence senior-level stakeholders, internally and externally
- Demonstrates understanding of industry, market, and company dynamics and business drivers
- Knowledge of retail business, including all aspects of pricing, merchandising, retail operations, and financial analysis and reporting.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally and across geographies where results are based on cooperation with and influence of others.
- Solid change management skills demonstrate flexibility to perform in a dynamic environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills, maturity to handle ambiguity.
- Ability to multitask across projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well and fast under pressure.
- Well-versed in the implementation and use of various retail software solutions.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Builds Category Management skill set and proficiency.
What we offer in return for Senior Merchandising Category Merchant Meat & Seafood Kensington:
- Extremely competitive salary including bonus + Restricted Stock Units
- 25% team member discount
- We will match up to 7% of your pension contributions
- Season ticket loan
- Perk Box
- 28 days holidays Inc. Bank Holidays
- 7 days additional leave increasing 1 day per year for 1st 5 years
- Cycle to work scheme