Job title: Key Accounts Manager
Location: Home / office based. Swindon / Bristol / Oxford / Reading
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + bonus + car + laptop + phone
Market: Garden products. Outdoor Leisure
Job type: Permanent
- An exciting manufacturer and distributor of garden products with 80 years of trading history
- Manage a portfolio of leading retail accounts at head office level
- Enjoy working for an agile, customer service led supplier
A highly successful, privately owned British business with the brands, stock holding and customer service levels that are the envy of their competition. Customers include major garden centre groups, leading discounters and high street retailers.
The Role of Key Accounts Manager:
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director you will be the face of the company to a small portfolio of major retail customers including garden centre groups, and high street stores. Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop strong relationship with customers that will maximise sales revenue
- Identify opportunities to sell through the range in order to win new business
- Negotiate trading terms to meet sales and margin targets
- Support all customers with training, point of sale material, product images and descriptions
- Explore and understand competitor offerings
- Constantly review the sales forecast against stock availability
- Implement promotional activity when required
The person for this Key Account Managers opportunity:
This is a home and office-based role with regular office based team meetings. We are looking for a talented Account Manager from a consumer goods, garden or DIY environment seeking a new, high profile role:
- At least 5 years field sales experience in non-food consumer goods
- Progression within a sales career, now dealing with professional buyers in multi-site retailers
- Able to build strong relationships with buying teams
- Skilled presenter and confident public speaker
- Flexible and able to work at store, regional and head office level
- Numerate, articulate and an experienced negotiator
- Experience of selling garden products is helpful but not essential
- Ideally based in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Oxford, Newbury or Reading
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.