Senior National Account Manager (Forecourts)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior National Accounts Manager (Forecourt) who is motivated, hands-on and passionate about their role, offering excellent service and standards to our customers.
The Role: Reporting into the Channel Controller, you will be required to maintain and develop the existing customer base, increasing both sales and profitability as well as well as developing direct reports commercial and customer skillset.
If you have the desire to manage relationships and improve engagement with key stakeholders throughout our business and the wider SPAR group, then this could be the role for you!
Senior National Account Manager Responsibilities:
• Build Joint Business Plans with existing customers that drive a mutual focus on delivering growth and profitability
• Monitoring customer performance on sales and profitability and driving improvements as required
• Identify opportunities to increase sales and grow sales profitably
• Support the channel on new business where necessary as we work towards achieving our 5-year sales targets
• Adherence to agreed customer contact strategies and appropriate recording of all visits made – use of CRM as our tool for planning and recording
• Develop good working relationships with individual customers and their teams, without compromising the needs and expectations of the AFB Group
• Providing customers with information and support regarding the implementation of new AFB developments / initiatives
• Work cross-functionally and with central functions to deliver outstanding customer service
• Develop sales plans and targets with Telesales as necessary to grow existing and recruit new customers
• Coach and develop the existing sales team and recruit any potential gaps
• Work with Finance on the management of customer’s payment terms and identify any potential debt risks
Key Job Info:
• Will be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
• Will be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business
• Will have access to company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy
Senior National Account Manager Requirements:
• Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
• High levels of numeracy and literacy essential.
• Degree or equivalent is preferred.
• Previous experience in a customer-facing role preferred, ideally in the Travel channel.
• Strong evidence of the ability to build effective relationships and a mutual commercial appreciation of the business relationship.
• Ability to build and deliver a customer plan that grows profitable retail and wholesale sales.
• Confident with financial modelling and P&L savvy.
• Strong IT skills; CRM system, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office.
What's in it for you?
• Develop your skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
• Outstanding Training & Development
• Gain hands-on experience in a high volume, fast paced company
• Excellent benefits package including: Use of company car, Staff Discount, Staff Lottery, Company Pension Scheme, Savings Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Staff Social Fund, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities
• Proactive promotion of internal candidates
About A.F.Blakemore & Son:
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business. A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This market leading retailer/wholesaler/distributor of food and drink business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1 billion. Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, wholesale distribution, food service, logistics, specialist foods and shop fitting divisions.
Location: Hybrid – Home based working out of our Darlaston depot, West Midlands
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 40 Hours Per Week. 9am-5pm.
Salary: circa £45,000 per annum plus (depending on experience)
Benefits: Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role.
Closing date for applications: 4th December, 2021
You may have experience of the following: Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Account Management, Business Development Manager, Business Development, Account Management, Customer Relationship Management, Field Sales, Customer Service, Retail, FMCG, etc.
Ref: 104 399