We at Cavendish Maine are delighted to be supporting Rainbow Designs in their search for a Field Sales Manager
- Role: Field Sales Manager – Independent & Key Account
- Location: Home Based, Hammersmith once a week and Gosport Operations Office
- Competitive Package to attract the right experience.
- 2/3 x Territory Sales Manager
- 3 x Sales Agents
This is an exciting opportunity to join “The Home of Classic Characters” Rainbow Designs Ltd, a 50 year old, growing business, working with leading classic brands such as Paddington Bear, Peter Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh, Guess How Much I Love You and the Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Our range of products covers Soft Toys, Wooden Toys and Gifting and we have an incredibly diverse customer base spanning Toy, Nursery and Gifting Retailers.
This is an opportunity to join a growing business, working with leading classic brands such as Paddington Bear, Peter Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh, Guess How Much I Love You & The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
The role of Field Sales Manager is to manage the Field Sales Team, to enhance and grow our Independent and Key Account area. The role covers Sales Team management, hands on business development and strategic planning.
The position would suit an individual who is innovative, energetic and has hunger and desire to achieve and make a real difference to the sales performance and performance of a direct team.
- Managing all aspects of sales activities within the defined area, covering independent sales and Key Accounts, to achieve ambitious growth plans.
3 Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Management and motivation of Sales Team, currently consisting of 2 employed Territory Managers and 3 Sales Agents
- Working with the Sales and Marketing Director, setting activity and revenue targets for members of the Field Sales team, in line with company objectives.
- Motivating and managing the Field sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Raising the profile of the “Independent/field channel” within the business
- Continual training and development of all members of the field sales team.
- All aspects of recruitment and selection for the department.
- Attending key meetings with members of the field sales team.
- Forecasting alongside the independent sales force and the internal Merchandising team and becoming the spokesperson in Monthly operational meetings.
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Developing a strong partnership with the Customer and sales support Team
- Finding new business opportunities in independents and Key accounts, especially (but not limited to) within the categories of Garden Centres, Nursery Stores, Toy Stores and Visitor Attractions
- Direct ownership of a small territory and/or some Key customers
- Developing Account plans for existing Key Accounts, either as an aide to the sales managers or directly as the manager of those accounts to deliver growth
- Negotiating terms and prices for key customers
- Attending trade and consumer shows in UK
- To work with the Sales and Marketing Director to develop the sales and marketing strategy for this area of business.
- Work with internal & external marketing teams to execute the plan to budget and to achieve targets
- Continually strive for the ongoing improvement of the customer proposition and experience
- Annually plan and budget innovative retail support plans and initiatives to achieve growth ambitions. Including (and not limited to):
- Merchandise and POS programs
- Promotional calendars
- Incentive and loyalty programs
- Presenting plans internally to management, with appropriate business appraisals
- Work with the Marketing and Brand Teams in setting the communication plan for the area, in line with the company brand strategies
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances
Required Skills and Experience:
- Preferably Toy, Nursery or gift experience in Consumer products
- Experience in a multi-channel retail sales environment
- Experience in managing Territory Sales Managers
- Experience in managing Key Accounts and developing account plans
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Costing and Promotional planning
- Setting Strategic plans
- Be new business focused and growth orientated
- Be a good motivator and trainer
- Have a flexible approach
- Be organised and deliver good processes
- Excellent computer skills
- Highly Numerate
- Be approachable
- Be a great communicator at all levels
- Outstanding team player with an ability to work and build relationships cross function.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.