PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies serving more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
Every day millions of people in the UK enjoy our oats, snacks, juices and beverages. The 4,500 strong team behind these household names is spread across our 10 UK sites. Our vision is to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. Behind this vision lies a passion for sustainability and a commitment to doing business in the right way. We strongly believe that integrating purpose into our business strategy will be the key to our future success.
Our role in the organisation
Our Demand Accelerator team is a core part of our sales function, encompassing category management, shopper insight and perfect store experts. The team work in partnership with our trading, brand and commercial functions to ensure our customers' and shoppers' needs are at the absolute heart of all our business planning. The team are committed to responding fast and comprehensively to our customers' short term and immediate needs, however we also keep our eyes firmly on the long term agenda and what it will take to drive real base sustainable growth in our categories and for our customers. We work in partnership with our colleagues and our customers to find out what's happening and, more importantly, what to do about it. We value the trusted category advisor relationships that we have with the UK's biggest and best retailers and distributors and are dedicated to understanding their priorities and agendas to build shared plans for growth.
What you will do
As a Category Manager on Grains (part of the Organised Trade BU), you'll be tasked with providing customer, category and shopper insight to lead our relationship on the cereals category across customers formats. You will work in partnership with the Perfect Store team and the wider Dx function to land targeted category growth initiatives. You will also support the commercialisation of our PepsiCo UK brands and innovation and will have significant interaction with External Customers, Internal Sales team and the wider business.
Specifically you will:
- Lead the planning and delivery of all range reviews for the Cereals category across customers store formats.
- Lead the category growth agenda, aligned to the customers' ambition and work to align both internal & external stakeholders to deliver through to execution
- Identify and clearly define key category and customer issues and opportunities and generate the insight and solutions to resolve these
- Deliver distribution, range and space metrics as agreed on the Grains Annual Plan
- Act as an integral partner to the PepsiCo sales team by providing category and customer insight that helps shape strategies & tactics to deliver the annual plan
- Establish new (and develop existing) relationships within customers, with the aim of consolidating PepsiCo's trusted advisor status & AGS ranking
- Work in partnership with the wider Dx team to leverage insights generated and build learning of in-store initiatives for continuous learning and best practice case studies
- Contribute to the overall cross category & Dx team agenda and vision
- Experience of working in a customer/client facing role
- Commercial acumen and knowledge of the UK FMCG market
- Strong understanding of Category Management principles (previous Category Management experience preferable but not essential)
- Ability to demonstrate importance of Distribution, Space & Range
- Track record of delivering stretch targets including course correction
- Ability to prioritise a complex customer agenda with multiple touch points
- Analytical thinking and control of multiple data sources, ensuring clear performance narrative delivered weekly internally/externally
- Ability to build and maintain lasting internal and external relationships & to present internally and externally to all levels
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Focus and get things done fast
- Voice opinions fearlessly
- Act as owners
Salary & Benefits:
We'll offer a competitive salary, Critical Illness cover, Flexible working, Discounted gym membership, Company Pensions plus so much more!
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.