- An absolute market leader in their industry, our client has excellent market presence and reputation supplying an impressive and large portfolio of well known, branded, greetings and gift related products.
- hey are well respected and recognised as a market leading business.
- Continued growth has led to the creation of this new National Account Manager role, to take responsibility for supporting the development of the Company’s product portfolio both in Domestic and International markets.
- The primary responsibility is to manage existing customers, to deliver the brand and commercial objectives..
- The account base for this role is diverse including International distributors, E-Commerce accounts (including the opportunity to take on the Amazon account), and retail national accounts and candidates will need the ability to be able to manage customer relationships and have commercial discussions at all levels.
- The ability to develop a team to remotely manage customers will be a key attribute.
Key Responsibilities of The Role Will Be To:
- Maintain and develop relationships with key partners and explore new initiatives with them to ensure their continued success and achievement of financial goals
- Review and manage quarterly/yearly budget, re-forecasting monthly in line with new information gained from customers, market trends and Internal teams
- Develop a team to remotely manage a variety of distribution channels by using existing assets
- Develop and implement robust selling strategies for remote customers
- Assist in the development and execution of the annual brand activation program which delivers consistently into the retailer category objectives
- Provide the business with a phased volume and revenue forecast which will drive product procurement and investment decisions.
- Work in close collaboration with the trade marketing team to ensure that the in-store activation calendar runs effectively, conduct post seasonal reviews to understand the key learnings and incorporate them into future proposals
- Formulate and drive individual account plans across multiple channels of distribution
- Work in parallel with the operations team to ensure we consistently deliver on shelf KPI’s
- Negotiate, sell and develop new opportunities to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Keep up to date with and analyse marketplace trends
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure the brand(s) are represented across appropriate categories in line with strategic objectives
With a background in account management, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Extensive account management skills, excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in ownership of account plans, budget and forecasting.
- Commercial understanding and can identify and unlock opportunities while possessing the foresight to mitigate / minimise the risks.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Ability to achieve budgeted targets by working as part of a Team
- A proven track record of delivering against brand and commercial objectives within a buyer / seller environment.
- Takes a category led approach to the trading agenda using market data to build compelling retailer propositions
- Excellent organisational skills and can demonstrate that they keep track of information, set priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important. Can manage a wide and diverse work plan.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written. Can work as part of a cross functional team and influence the agenda based on a solid commercial rationale.
- Experience of selling remotely
- Experience of building and developing a sales team
- Experience and knowledge of managing the Amazon account would be an advantage
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.