As a leading Own Label Chilled Business our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. The strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both NPD and Leading Edge Category solutions. As part of their continued growth they now wish to appoint a Commercial Executive to one of their key Business Units.
As the Commercial Executive you suppor the Grocery Account Director, which equates to a sizeable piece of the overall sales/profit of the business unit, hence the role is a highly challenging one. You will also act as in supporting category and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with Food Deveopment and Packaging, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Supporting the Management & Building of New Business
- Lead Matrix Projects
- Support customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Support annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Full appreciation of the complexity of dealing with challenging customers
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Support with elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Work on price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports central brand direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Whilst you will be fully supported by the Grocery Account Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a Growth focused environment where strength of character is key. The Business offers successful employees a clear structured career path which they can follow across the several divisions they operate.
The ideal candidate will have gained some level of FMCG experience whether that be on a National or Regional Account basis.
However, candidates who have an interest in moving into a Commercial role, are also welcome from the following areas:
- Retail Side- Buying, Analysis or Planning Functions
- Supply Side- Procurement / Buying, Planning, Analysis or Commercial Finance
- Graduates with a placement year experience