Sales Manager - Grocery Commercial team
The Grocer is no ordinary business title. The Grocer is the bible of the food and drink industry, the UK’s biggest, most interesting and most high-profile business media publication, and the flagship title of the highly successful William Reed group, a family-owned publishing and events business, whose interests include operations in the UK, France and the US.
Our customers range from the world’s biggest FMCG brands to leading tech and professional services businesses. Such is the demand for our customers to align themselves to our brands and engage our audiences with great marketing content that we are now looking to grow our fantastic sales team. We are looking for an ambitious and talented sales professional to join us and play a vital role in building upon our success.
- Establish and nurture long term business relationships with senior decision makers in trade communications and marketing with a range of FMCG clients and sales territories
- Understand top level client business and brand objectives and create need in client decision making units for trade communications and marketing activity
- Recommend and deliver a wide range of marketing solutions to achieve client objectives, from print and digital branding activity to event sponsorship and thought leadership and content solutions
- Create bespoke marketing proposals based on client brief
- Work alongside marketing team to create marketing activity to support client base coverage and the promotion of specific opportunities.
- Devise and create new marketing solutions to meet client and audience objectives
- Attend conferences, exhibitions and other events to network and grow contact base
- Good product knowledge and understanding of our editorial products, up to date knowledge of the latest developments in grocery/fmcg.
- Have a comprehensive awareness of the grocery and convenience markets, and the media and event brands which serve these markets.
- Work collaboratively with grocery team and other WRBM colleagues around the business to deliver a seamless client solution/experience
- Proven track record in fast paced B2B/consumer sales role
- Strong experience in developing a client network at a senior level
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- High level of experience of recommending and delivering bespoke marketing/content solutions to meet long term client objectives
- Strong experience in working with digital and event content-based marketing solutions, from native articles and reports to webinars and bespoke events
- Excellent organisational and self-management skills
- Proven ability to “spin plates”, delivering on multiple complex activities at the same time
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of creativity and innovation in meeting client needs
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of strategic sales planning and execution
- Understanding of the world of grocery/fmcg desirable but not essential
- Experience with CRMs such as Salesforce and other business/project management tools
William Reed’s head office is near Crawley where you will be based from, 30 minutes from Brighton and 10 minutes from Gatwick and its connections to Victoria, London Bridge, and the world. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, you will be required to work from the office for a minimum 2 days per week, with the rest of the week working from remotely. Travel to offsite meetings will also be required.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
- Competitive Salary plus commission
- 25 days annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays - to be pro rata'd based on part time working hours
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role