Founded in 2015, Avery Row is a British brand specialising in ethically sourced textiles and accessories for babies and children. Now experiencing rapid growth, we are looking to increase our stockists and grow our wholesale business.
We are a small company, and this is a key appointment within the Management Team. The successful candidate will have the drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help deliver our growth plans and be instrumental in shaping the future of the business.
Sales Manager Job Description
The role of the Sales Manager is to achieve significant growth in the wholesale business in existing and new territories
Role and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for all wholesale sales revenues, develop, agree, and execute the sales plan
- Manage and develop existing wholesale accounts, being the main point of contact for the customer and ensuring strong relationships through excellent customer service.
- Develop new wholesale accounts across the UK initially, with scope for other territories to follow
- Experience in negotiating and closing contracts
- Manage sales orders through the fulfilment system, and keep customers appraised on timings or delays to orders.
- Oversee stock and sales levels of wholesale partners.
- Produce monthly sales report which outlines sales performance, new opportunities and key activities completed
- Produce a 3-monthly forecast of sales
- Develop and agree promotional activities which support the sales plan
- Produce and present key financial information to key stakeholders in the business, relating to sales performance
- Design and conduct sales presentations on new products and collections.
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development teams to provide feedback on existing product to help develop new product ideas.
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitor activity
- Sustain business development through effective market research.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory documents
About the candidate
We are looking for someone who:
- is a self-starter, motivated by making a difference in a small and rapidly growing business
- has some experience within a sales role and is looking to take the next step in their sales career
- is able to work independently and take initiative to achieve targets
- is organised with good management skills
- confident in relationship building, with excellent communication skills
- is a fast learner, able to contribute from the outset
- is flexible and willing to be involved in ad-hoc tasks with a ‘hands-on approach’ associated with a growth business
- IT literate in windows applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience of using social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest