Business Development Manager / Key Account Manager (News UK Team)
Field Based, Ideal location to cover territory - Bristol
Salary - £28-30k + 10% bonus, company car + fuel card & other benefits
As Business Development Manager you will be working with a network of Retailers to help them develop their newspaper business. You will build partnerships with your accounts to establish and grow their sales, where acquisition, retention, and increased frequency of purchase across both private and business customers is the main goal. You will enjoy being part of a highly skilled, creative, and goal-oriented team of Business Development Managers who will manage the UK’s top delivery retailers. Your customers include Business Owners, Multi Site Operators and Regional Managers for National chains including McColl’s and One Stop.
You will identify opportunities for growth by understanding your customers and connecting them with powerful marketing and sales campaigns that can accelerate their business. You are supported with a comprehensive training programme and ongoing development, and as the role is highly autonomous you will have the opportunity to be creative and forward thinking in your development of the region.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that people are the key to our success. That’s why we make sure everyone at McCurrach enjoys continuous support, career development opportunities and great perks, including:
- Performance-related bonus (up to 10% of base, paid quarterly)
- No weekend working (40 hours, Monday to Friday)
- 23 days paid holidays + public holidays (increases with length of service)
- Annual leave purchase scheme - up to 5 extra days per annum!
- Company car & fuel card
- Free life assurance at 3x annual salary
- Company pension scheme – 3% employer contributions
- Discounted private healthcare & health cash plan.
- Family-friendly working policies (such as enhanced maternity leave and flexible start/finish times)
- Access to our newly launched Employee Benefits portal (discounts from a wide range of retailers plus much more!)
- Opportunity to volunteer for our McCurrach taskforces (Diversity & Inclusion; Community; Sustainability; Mental Health & Wellbeing)
- Personal development through our 'Byte' e-learning platform
- Experience in retail, (convenience ideal), business development, sales, or marketing in a field-based role.
- A full, manual driving licence (with no more than 6 points and no previous bans/endorsements).
This role will also require a strong negotiator and excellent communicator with experience of working with and analysing data in order to identify opportunities for growth.
If you think you have what we are looking for and would love to join our News UK Team apply today!
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever- growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations, including Talksport and Virgin Radio