Area Sales Manager – Toys & Games
Established over 30 years ago, our client is a one of the UK's leading distributors of children’s toys & games. They have experienced excellent business growth, with turnover increasing by over 40% in the last year. The performance is attributed to the company’s strong portfolio of brands, with growth expected to continue into next year.
Field Based, covering the South of England, they are seeking an Area Sales Manager to account manage existing relationships with approximately 100 independent retailers across the patch. There will also be an element of prospecting for new business.
- To take full responsibility within the territory, maximising sales and ensuring customer satisfaction is met in line with agreed targets.
- To develop the existing accounts business whilst seeking new distribution in line with the sales management objectives.
- To develop a full understanding of the company product, marketplace and competitor activity.
- To sell on a “planned sale” basis, analysing by line previous business
- Presenting new products whilst demonstrating and sharing the company’s marketing plans.
- To keep accurate records and manage each accounts business, monitoring progress versus plan on a regular basis, and resolving issues to achieve growth objectives.
- To work to an organised journey plan within the trade buying timetable, which will sometimes involve staying away overnight.
The Successful Candidate
- 2 years+ sales experience
- Knowledge of merchandising
- Experience selling into independent retailers
- Toy, games, or gift experience would be advantageous
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Happy to travel / overnight stays
The Area Sales Manager Package
- Basic Salary – up to £30,000
- OTE - £7,000
- Company Car – BMW 3 Series
- Private medical cover
- Life assurance
- 23 days holiday + BH’s