Position: EMEA Procurement Marketing Buyer Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Responsible for assigned categories and the development of category strategies and programs to optimize cost, rationalize the supply base and bring value to the Corporation while mitigating risk. Includes leading strategy execution activity in indirect Marketing spend.
- Lead all Marketing categories in the EMEA region (including but not limited to) media, creative design & packaging, e-commerce, digital, market research, promotional activities, POS materials, merchandising. Lead the negotiations of procured materials and services to assure optimal TCO (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Innovation) achieved. Develops and implements strategies to assure lowest overall cost while mitigating risk to the Corporation. Develops and documents in-depth knowledge of markets, supply chain, and suppliers. Assists with make vs. buy decisions. Conduct formal presentations as well as coordinate & conduct supplier reviews.
- Participates in the planning and forecasting process to establish standard costs and provide explanations for price variances at Division level.
- Promotes high level of customer satisfaction in supporting the needs of Divisional projects & requirements for Purchasing guidance & leadership.
- Lead cross functional teams to meet project objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Accounting or applicable field of study required.
- 2 / 3 years Marketing Procurement experience preferably in a FMCG environment due to fast pace of activation and speed to market.
- Marketing knowledge specifically on agency fees and production costs and digital content.
- Worked with Media suppliers either now or in the past – understand the basics of media buying (do not need to be a subject expert).
- Some eCommerce experience or a desire to learn.
- Social media and Digital media some previous time spent working on these areas.
- Ability to deal with diverse and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to manage own time and projects from start to end.
- Able to adapt quickly and calmly to changes in stakeholders needs.
- Strong stakeholder communication needed.
- Credible to stakeholders in ability to deliver projects.
- Calm and rationale approach to projects.
- Appetite to get more involved in eCommerce and Digital.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° ...).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.