Who We Are:
Calbee Group UK are part of Calbee Inc in Japan, a $2.5 billion manufacturer of crisps, snacks and cereals. Here In the UK, we currently operate two leading brands – Seabrook and Harvest Snaps, with Harvest Snaps also having a strong International presence. Over the last 3 years, the business has step changed its investment levels in above the line marketing whilst continuing to invest in expanding its factory’s capacity and capabilities.
As you’ll probably already be aware, Seabrook Crisps is our well-loved everyday crisps and snacks brand, it’s simply amongst the best tasting crisps out there. What you might not know is the huge growth this wonderful Brand has experienced over the past few years. Check out our most recent TV advert:
Then we have the internationally recognised Harvest Snaps ‘Plant Based Snacks’ brand that is now produced here and is launching in the UK now.
The brand originates from our US business and has been re-imagined for the UK market and the dynamics currently facing the category. After 2+ years of development, it is fantastic to see our new brand launch in the UK hit the shelves. Harvest Snaps, plant-based snacks have arrived! And we believe it will propel the better for you snacking category to new highs.
Calbee Group UK’s aim is to grow its scale and breadth of offer within the crisps and snacks category. This will be achieved through increased investment in the Seabrook brand to drive national brand awareness and the launch of new products under existing, and potentially, new brands.
As part of this, Foodservice is a huge strategic focus to us here at Calbee UK. Our current route to market encompasses the major National Wholesalers, Vending Operators, Key Buying Groups and Major End-Users; and we have massive growth ambitions. This is where you could make the difference.
Making it a great time to join us on our growth journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Commercial team for a Business Manager- Foodservice, reporting to the Head of Wholesale. Your core role will be to lead and deliver the growth opportunity over the 2-3 years through your designated customers supported by marketing investment and NPD that is attractive to the channel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of wholesale and key end users (including vending) customers across the UK
- Negotiation and implementation of cost price increases, joint business plans and promotional support in line with Seabrook financial and brand targets.
- Execution of any account agreements and ensure a positive £ ROI for Calbee UK and optimise profitability at all times.
- Secure new listings and distribution to support Calbee UK growth – incremental product range & NPD
- Input to, develop and champion account / channel breakthrough strategies and joint business plans.
- Analyse market, category and account data to gain insight to develop account and channel in order to create selling stories and competitive advantage.
- Dotted line responsibility - directing the workload / direction of two territory sales managers within the channel to help convert new business opportunities.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ideally degree calibre
- Knowledge of the Foodservice channel with experience, ideally managing Bidfood and Brakes in particular.
- Understanding of Foodservice businesses and their ways of working including key end users
- Drive for Results, Decision Quality & Dealing with Ambiguity
- Analytical Thinking, Planning and Organising & Learning Agility
- Interpersonal and influencing skills
The ideal candidate will
- Currently be working in a branded FMCG food business with Foodservice customers including Bidfood, Brakes and key end users
- Be able to demonstrate a successful history in growing customers in a collaborative way
- Be willing and able to take on the responsibility for execution and delivery
- Be pragmatic and able to think for oneself
- Have resilience, determination and flexibility
You’ll enjoy working for an Entrepreneurial UK Business with the backing and security of a Global Parent Company. We’ll support you in challenging times, as we know it’s not always easy out there in the market and we’ll be there to help you push for success and growth with your customers. In short, we will do all we can to help you reach your potential. This is because people joining us comment on the buzz around the place, the energy of a business with big growth ambition, and the team ethos that exists across all departments and production. We value our people, and the personal skills, experience and qualities that they bring. We win and grow together, as 1 Team.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with PT Executive; therefore, we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.