Business Development Manager
Convenience Retailers & Symbol Groups
Totnes, Devon, South West England – circa 3 days a week in the office
- Are you a passionate and talented National Accounts Manager / Business Development Manager?
- Are you target driven / results orientated with strong mental resilience and a determination to succeed?
- Do you have a proven track record of achievement within the Food sector?
If you are seeking a new challenge / the next step in your career, this could be the role that you have been looking for…
Tideford Organic Foods take their name seriously. That’s why if it’s not organic, it’s not in the pot. In fact, their recipes are not just organic, gluten and nut-free – they’re also 100% plant-based, vegan-friendly. Prepared in their kitchens in the heart of Devon, they’ve been making deliciously organic soups, veg pots and cook’s ingredients for nearly 25 years.
ElevateRTC are working exclusively with Tideford Organic Foods on this role. Direct and 3rd Party Applications will be forwarded to ElevateRTC.
We are looking for an ambitious and dedicated Business Development Manager, with account management experience, to join this growing chilled food business based in beautiful Devon.
Reporting to the General Manager, as a key member of the Sales team, with the support of a Marketing Assistant / Sales Analyst – you will manage and develop profitable turnover by taking responsibility for an existing portfolio of customers and securing new accounts with Convenience Retailers and the Symbol Groups.
Role / Responsibilities:
- To identify, and agree with the General Manager, an annual sales plan / budget for relevant customers in the retail and symbol group sectors.
- Effectively manage / oversee all sales activities relating to relevant customers in the convenience retailers / symbol group sector.
- Act as the primary interface between the company and relevant customers
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and full year sales forecasting.
- Utilise data from customers, consumers, market and category intelligence to analyse and improve performance.
- Continuously seek new customer opportunities within the convenience retail and symbol group sectors
- Support customers by delivering clear sales, marketing and promotional plans.
- Promote new products; Agree / Negotiate sales prices and product ranges
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Demonstrable track record of achievement working with accounts – ideally gained within the Convenience Retail sector and / or Symbol Groups.
- Significant sales experience in branded food products
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) – able to communicate cross functionally with internal and external customers.
- Financially numerate with proven analytical and problem solving skills. Good commercial awareness and acumen.
- Capable of interpreting and delivering on business objectives
- Capable of developing and demonstrating in-depth knowledge of products and services
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Full Driving license and happy to conduct regular customer visits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent package that includes a basic salary of circa £40K (dependant on skills and experience) plus Car, Laptop, Phone and Bonus (OTE up to £50K).
This is a wonderful time to take a key role in a growing business that is competing strongly in exciting categories. The business already has great listings with a fantastic range of customers but still has the potential for exceptional growth.
This role may be suitable for you if you have a proven track record as a: National Account Manager, Senior National Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Head of Sales, BDM, NAM, or SNAM
Commutable from: Bristol, Bath, Bridgwater, Taunton, Yeovil, Weymouth, Exeter, Barnstaple, Plymouth