A leading and innovative global manufacturer and supplier of specialist medical equipment into the community/local authority sector via close links with the NHS.
Rapidly expanding by both growth and acquisition, this is a very exciting time to join one of the fastest growing and award - winning international sales organisations in the UK.
About the Role:
If you have a background in Sports Science, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy, a caring spirit and a passion for face-to-face sales, this newly available opportunity could be perfect for you!
Working as part of an extremely successful sales team, you will be required to autonomously plan and manage the South Central/East territory; taking responsibility for your territory goals which will include to maintain and grow relationships, building year on year.
This territory already has an impressive existing portfolio of customers for you to service, requiring you to quickly develop and sustain these long – term business relationships with key customers.
In addition you will be required to identify and develop new business, delivering comprehensive solution – led sales from a market - leading product range. Duties will be varied and will include;
- Individual responsibility for territory goals; planning and managing a large territory in an efficient and functional way
- Plan your own diary in order to attend 3 - 4 customer visits/patient assessments per day in line with the company key account sales strategy
- Be accountable and responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and KPI’s
- Fully understand the available routes to market through direct sales, dealer/reseller options, the role of loan store operators and the potential for internet sales
- Engage in campaign promotions and promote the company’s products and services in terms of features, advantages and benefits (FAB)
- To continuously improve and develop professional selling skills, in particular; time management, territory and account coverage, appointment planning, public speaking and product demonstration abilities
- Identify, understand and commit to the corporate strategy that focuses on frequent account contact, the top 10 current accounts, Special Schools and Care Homes
- Support the company in product upgrades, recalls and investigations around incidents and accidents
- Attend industry seminars and exhibitions as required
- Develop and constantly review the relevant market sectors for the promotion of safe moving & handling products being Social Services and Local Authorities, Special Schools, Care Homes and dealers.
- Take a proactive approach to all Health & Safety and environmental issues.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Business Development Manager you must possess the following;
- A medical or clinical related qualification; Sports Science, Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy would be preferable
- Face to face sales experience ideally gained within the healthcare industry
- The ability to travel throughout your designated area on a daily basis
- Target driven with a hunger to meet and over – achieve goals
- A professional approach and appearance
- A friendly, approachable and understanding personality with a natural problem-solving ability
- Solution sales focused
- A full UK driving license
- Based in Berkshire, Herts, Surrey or North London
In return for your role as Business Development Manager, you will receive;
- A competitive basic salary (depending on experience)
- Quarterly & annual bonuses
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- 25 days holiday
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.