Henson Recruitment is thrilled to receive instruction on a newly created opportunity working within the B2B division of a £multi-bn FMCG client. The business has a leading Brand portfolio and large Own Label business in addition to this division where it partners some of the best-known brands manufacturing their products on their behalf creating first-class business partnerships.
National Account Manager – B2B Drinks
Managing FMCG Manufacturers
£50,000 - 60,000 + £6k Car + Bonus
East Midlands based 2-3 days with site travel
Reporting in to the Division Head, this role will have responsibility for a mix of 1-2 blue chip clients in addition to a group of smaller B2B manufacturing partners and will require a true ‘sleeves rolled up’ approach and attitude. In role, you will develop and identify gaps of opportunity within your existing client portfolio (80%) as well as working together as a team to bring new client opportunities to fruition (20%). Reporting in to the Midlands HQ, you will be site based 2-3 days p/wk in addition to visiting other sites and customer visits as part of your remit. As an experienced commercial operator, you will also require a high level of commercial acumen together with budget and project management experience with a good understanding of operations and manufacturing processes.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Significant experience of working in a commercial role within the UK FMCG industry
- Candidates will ideally have experience in managing B2B / Food & Drink Manufacturing clients
- Sound levels of commerciality with the ability to develop and grow client relationships
- The ability to identity and execute new business opportunities
- Excellent project management skills with a good understanding of budgets & P&L
- Ability to visit other sites and customers within the UK but still within a 60-90mins radius of the E.Midlands
This role will suit a proven NAM/BDM with B2B FMCG experience within Food/Drink or a solid Retail NAM looking for something different but has a good understanding of the B2B sector within FMCG.