- Based at the head office of a successful and respected DIY supplier
- A new, key role to achieve optimum stock availability
- Great employer with strong company values
- Optional agile working
We are proud to be working with a leading branded supplier to the DIY market that has ambitious growth plans. With an extensive range of far-east manufactured products that are already stocked in thousands of retailers, the challenge to accurately forecast demand, optimise stock holding and achieve 100% order-fill rates has never been greater. This exciting and important opportunity has been created to provide specialist focus on this key area.
The Role: Demand and Supply Planner
The job holder will join a highly supportive head-office based team and benefit from a thorough company induction. You will be tasked with leading the demand and supply planning cycle to fuel business growth. You will have the opportunity to drive, change, shape, influence and implement processes that will positively effect demand and supply management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering the demand plan for the entire product portfolio.
- Use sales forecasts, trading data, scenario planning, software tools and experience to inform demand plans
- Drive the improvement of sales forecast practices
- Lead the implementation of new processes
- Work collaboratively with marketing, sales, product management and operations
- Report against KPIs including demand forecast accuracy, stock availability and order-fill rates
Candidate Profile: Demand and Supply Planner
We are looking for a high calibre Demand Planner with end-to-end experience of far-east manufactured goods and UK retailers. The additional qualities and experience we are looking for are:
- 3+ years experience in demand planning or in a similar role
- Proven experience working on and leading projects and initiatives that require a Commercial and Supply Chain understanding and knowledge.
- Experience in demand or business planning systems.
- Possess a strong analytical skillset
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Highly motivated, organised and a strong desire to take ownership
- Collaborative approach to work within a team
The successful candidate will enjoy an attractive basic salary plus up to 15% annual performance based bonus, a pension contribution, 25 days holiday, funded training, staff discounts, cycle to work scheme and optional agile working.
For more information and to apply please contact:
Name Rebecca Isaac
Telephone 01275 813021
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.