Creed is a family business established in 1972 which is ambitious with its growth within the industry. We deliver a great range of multi-temperature food products, including our butchery and fresh range to caterers across the country from our bases in Cheltenham, Ilkeston & High Wycombe. It's a great place to be and we are proud of our role in supporting our local community. We are dedicated to creating a great place to work and have been recognised as a "Sunday Times Top 100" Company to work for after achieving “two star” status with Best Companies. Our people are committed to our values, choose their attitude and think customer. They work hard, are committed to providing a great service, have fun and develop along the way. Our employees often get involved in charity events, attend the Director breakfasts, put forward their ideas for improvement and contribute in team briefings. Our core business values are being: Commercial, Proud, Friendly and Nurturing.
Achieve commercial terms targets with agreed supplier portfolio of circa 65 suppliers worth approximately £500k.
Ownership for full product life cycle within designated categories to achieve range and financial targets while aligning to the business needs and customer demand
Some Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Supplier relationship management of agreed portfolio
- Effective delivery and tracking of supplier revenues
- Sourcing new products in line with:
- Internal, in line with business strategy
- External, as part of our customer retention and development strategy
- Ongoing price management to ensure Creed remain competitive in the market place
- Manage ‘AT Risk’ products to minimise business exposure
- Packaging regulatory awareness, compliance and information communication
- Close liaison with Marketing Team to ensure trading strategy dovetails with Channel/Operator/Consumer insight.
- Work with Senior Sales team to ensure profit maximisation by account is realised.
- Present proactive plans and Category insight to internal and external customers, e.g Sales, the Board, Suppliers
- Drive efficiencies where possible, reduce costs and add value.
- Product Benchmarking via product focus process.
- Competitor Analysis & Market updates
- Commodity tracking & reporting
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for someone with a strong desire to make a difference and go above and beyond for our customers that has:
- Highly self-motivated to achieve agreed goals, able to work efficiently and independently within time constraints.
- Excellent ‘product’ knowledge ideally gained from within one of the ‘out of home’ channels.
- Strong understanding of foodservice marketplace.
- Understanding of key metrics that impact the commercial revenues: ORD’s /Marketing / Rebates / Category.
- Experience managing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent Presentation Skills.
- Strong Numeracy skills and GCSE grade C(4) or equivalent as a minimum.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and ideally with experience using Office 365, Teams and Sharepoint.
- Ideally Experience Managing the Product Lifecycle; List, Launch, Review, De-list.
What You Get In Return
- Competitive salary, and benefits package.
- Training and development and career progression opportunities.
- Recognition for doing a great job and going the extra mile from customers, your department and the rest of the business.
- Respect and support from your team, supervisors and managers.
- 33 Days of annual leave per year.
- Life insurance for 2 times your annual salary.
- Employee discount on purchases and regular special offers for staff.
- Access to an online discount portal, providing discounts for gyms, the cinema, supermarkets, high street retailers, cashback for changing your electricity supplier and much more helping you to save money on purchases that you would ordinarily make.
- Employee assistance programme that offers confidential support and advice which includes free access to legal advice, wellness programmes and much more.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme.
Creed also offer employees the opportunity to join our Savings Scheme, join the Staff Lottery to support our selected charities and be in with the chance of winning £250 each month, an additional day off each year which you can use to help a charitable cause of your choice and much more. We are also a Living Wage Foundation accredited employer.
If you think you have what it takes, please click 'Apply Now' below to send your C.V for consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age, as outlined in our equal opportunities policy.