Creed is a family business established in 1972 which is ambitious with its growth within the industry. We deliver a great range of multi-temperature food products, including our butchery and fresh range to caterers across the country from our bases in Cheltenham, Ilkeston & High Wycombe. It's a great place to be and we are proud of our role in supporting our local community. We are dedicated to creating a great place to work and have been recognised as a "Sunday Times Top 100" Company to work for after achieving “two star” status with Best Companies. Our people are committed to our values, choose their attitude and think customer. They work hard, are committed to providing a great service, have fun and develop along the way. Our employees often get involved in charity events, attend the Director breakfasts, put forward their ideas for improvement and contribute in team briefings. Our core business values are being: Commercial, Proud, Friendly and Nurturing.
This National Account Manager at Creed Foodservice will predominantly look after Coffee shop and Hospitality multiples across the UK. Within this role you will achieve and exceed sales and cash margin targets for a defined portfolio of accounts and new business within the defined customer sector and work collaboratively with other departments internally to identify new product categories, drive compliance and new product retention and achieve targets in line with the Sales & Marketing Strategy.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Achieve sales and margin targets based on a commercial/budgeted plan.
- Win & retain profitable new business, grow retained customer sales and margins to facilitate achievement of budgeted targets in line with company standards, ethos and values.
- Ensure an appropriate level of regular customer contact to achieve targets with planned objectives and defined outputs prior to each call.
- Work with internal departments and suppliers to maximise sales, margins and deliver excellent Customer Service.
- Drive agreed company campaigns and support the sales strategy to meet and exceed customer and company targets.
- Work closely with your Telesales & Customer Service colleagues to ensure compliance, retention and delivery of company campaigns.
- Maintain Full understanding for your defined customer sector and each customer in your portfolio of sales, margin and customer performance v targets utilising available tools (e.g Vecta).
- Ensure all relevant administrative and reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner for all day-to-day work and ad-hoc requirements when requested.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for an experienced National Account Manager in the Foodservice Sector with a passion for food, hospitality industry experience that can deliver excellent service to our national customers and drive margin forward and manage the 12 month product development and menu cycle calendar.
It is essential that you have the following:
- Experience and a proven track record of account management and prospecting new account within the foodservice sector – winning and growing new business, retention, gross margin and sales growth.
- Passion for food and excellent product knowledge and awareness.
- Demonstrable ability to drive margin forward and manage the 12 month product development and menu cycle calendar.
- Organised, planned, PC literate, self-motivated and able to work to targets, deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, stakeholder management, relationship building and negotiation skills.
- A customer-oriented approach to account management which aims to exceed expectations.
- Sound commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Manufacturing or food development background would be advantageous.
- A good knowledge of and experience with Account Management and New Business Development in Coffee Shops.
What you get in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Training and development and career progression opportunities.
- Recognition for doing a great job and going the extra mile from customers, your department and the rest of the business.
- Respect and support from your team, supervisors and managers.
- 33 Days of annual leave per year.
- Life insurance for 2 times your annual salary.
- Employee discount on purchases and regular special offers for staff.
- Access to an online discount portal, providing discounts for gyms, the cinema, supermarkets, high street retailers, cashback for changing your electricity supplier and much more helping you to save money on purchases that you would ordinarily make.
- Employee assistance programme that offers confidential support and advice which includes free access to legal advice, wellness programmes and much more.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme.
Creed also offer employees the opportunity to join our Savings Scheme, join the Staff Lottery to support our selected charities and be in with the chance of winning £250 each month, an additional day off each year which you can use to help a charitable cause of your choice and much more. We are also a Living Wage Foundation accredited employer.
Apply now if you think you have what it takes to succeed as a National Account Manager at Creed Foodservice.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age, as outlined in our equal opportunities policy.