Are you our missing ingredient?
TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Home Based with National remit
If transformational growth is something you would like to be part of, then this could be your next technical sales opportunity.
DFI Leeds is a highly successful ingredients solutions business, supplying innovative and unique cultured dairy products to the nations’ leading convenience food and food service industries. Completion of a £4.5m site investment programme has now given us the development space and production capacity to move into a planned growth phase that will look to deliver 30% uplift in the next three years.
We have a clear strategy, a customer base in firmly established markets and identified targets to deliver our growth ambitions. We now need a highly motivated technical account manager to join our team and make their contribution to budgeted sales.
- Analyse and interpret information relevant to products, customers, competitors and trends to develop a detailed understanding of the market, sector and customers.
- Contribute to volume budget development, ensuring known variables which will impact on margin are identified and provide monthly forecast of volume to assist operational planning.
- Ensure timely communication to customers on pricing and ensure pricing adjustments are delivered in line with benchmark pricing structure and sales agreement expiry.
- Lead negotiations and support strategic pricing decisions. Deliver business in line with benchmark and categorisation targets. Document customer activity through customer visit reports and close out planned actions.
- Identify and deliver new business opportunities to new and existing customers and work cross functionally to launch and deliver products and margin opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
You will be working in a commercial role selling functional ingredients and whilst dairy would of course be advantageous more important is your appreciation of the process from brief formulation to technical solution.
Technical excellence will therefore underpin your commercial sales skills. With an NPD background in functional ingredients and a good appreciation of food science you will speak the language of our customers who need a product to deliver against a particular application brief. You will confidently translate that brief to our NPD team and then commercialise that brief into a successful and profitable solution.
We’re a small site but with big ambition and so you’ll become part of a dynamic and passionate team where your personal contribution will make a difference and your ideas are listened to. You’ll be a self-starter, super organised to manage multiple projects and of course an absolute ‘foodie’.
It’s a national remit and whilst strict adherence to COVID controls currently precludes much travel there will be a gradual transition back to customer and site visits, so flexibility to travel and a full clean driving license are essential.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus, car allowance and contributory pension scheme. If you feel excited by our planned journey, if you meet our brief and are ready to help us move from incremental to transformational growth then we look forward to hearing from you.
Applications should be made directly via the careers section on our company website https://www.dairygold.ie
Please note we are not accepting applications from agencies that have not been approached by ourselves directly. Any unsolicited CV's will be sent at the recruitment agency's own risk and will be interpreted as 'gifts' and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our team, you accept these terms as the default position.