***WINE SALES EXPERT NEEDED******Home based with a competitive bonus structure, car allowance + further package
We have partnered with a leading drinks organisation who is looking for an Wine Development Manager to join their growing team. Focused on the on-trade, you will be responsible for driving wine sales through the company's existing client base, whilst also winning new business with customers based across the Bedfordshire , Cambridgeshire and Milton Keynes areas.
These customers could be in the form of independent bars, pubs and hotels through to larger regional on-trade customers with multi-sites. Working within an established commercial team, you will have full responsibility for the wine account development and penetration strategy for your assigned customers and business unit. The ideal candidate will be a credible expert within the wine industry, with extensive knowledge of the category. The role essentially has x4 key attributes:
- Account Management and Business development: Drive wine sales with existing on-trade customers, collaborating with the account managers - you will also be incentivised should you bring in any new customer relationships.
- Wine Expert - regularly plan and execute internal training sessions with the team, to educate them on new products, upskilling them on how best they can drive wine category growth
- Events and tastings - hosting wine and tasting events/evenings on behalf of customers
- Wine business strategy - working collaboratively with the commercial team to put in place wine sales targets and metrics around driving profitable growth within the channel.
Skills and experience
- Experience of working within the wine industry, at either a supplier, distributor or manufacturer
- A proven track record in either account management or business development within the FMCG drinks industry
- A WSET level 2 wine qualification as a minimum
- Ambitious, driven and people centric
- Commercially aware and 'all over the detail'
If you'd like to arrange a confidential conversation, please get in touch with Rebecca Evans asap to hear more! email@example.com