Internal Account Manager
Reports to: National Field Sales Controller
Location: Office (can be based Southall / Coleshill)
Hours: Full Time
Overall Purpose of the Role; To manage a defined list of C & D category Customer accounts and relationships remotely by phone. As the account manager you will be responsible for meeting Customer needs and ensuring that you are the point of contact within the business able to support Customers on products, pricing and equipment.
What is it like to do this role; This is a new role. You will manage C & D category customers for a defined geography. You will work closely with your field sales colleagues covering the same geography, your KPIs and targets will be aligned but you will be the only point of contact for these customers out with their regular order method unless a field visit is required for something that cannot be resolved by you over the phone. By phone you will manage your customer account base: selling in new products to them, securing authorised pricing, gaining the order, ensuring they receive all promotional & marketing materials, resolving any equipment issues relating to low return on investment and actively converting your account base to Webshop ordering.
Key Relationships; Field Sales Team, Webshop, Telesales, Transport, Sales Data Admin, Marketing, Customer Services, AR Team, Cash Office, Hardware Team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include;
- Upsell to the customer by understanding their requirements.
- Manage your own time effectively with multiple accounts.
- Establish & maintain a call plan for all customers on your ledger.
- Update notes in D365 Customer Engagement (CRM) for each customer detailing who you spoke to, what was agreed, what actions are required & by whom ensuring you tag the relevant individuals so they can complete their actions. Follow up.
- Share promotions & marketing materials with your customer ledger – you will need to ensure you have email addresses for all your customers – ensure D365 Customer Engagement (CRM) is updated so that correct email addresses & phone numbers are contained within the system.
- Actively sell promotions & activities to your customer.
- Actively convert the customers on your ledger to register for and use webshop for product ordering.
- Encourage your customers to follow us on social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc) so that they can get daily updates
- For new products you sell to your Customers complete calculators and gain any required authorisations so that pricing can be set up in the system – confirm to the customer once this is completed.
- Follow up with your customers when they are flagged on the ROI (Return on Investment) report as spending too little v. the equipment they have free on loan from us. Customers will need to increase their spend or the equipment will be removed.
- Gain an understanding & insight of your customers businesses so that you know which product categories and products are most suited to their business. This will also help you when we launch new products.
- Use the reports and information available to understand what your customer may have stopped buying from us that you could win back – prepare the calculator in advance so that you can give them pricing on the call & win those products back.
- Have Customers lapsed or gone elsewhere…win them back – look at their history, prepare the calculator in advance, tell them about new relevant products…
- For lasped or lost customers on your ledger you may need to open a new account and attach to the correct hierarchy & channel.
- Prepare email for those customers that have not answered the phone – make them aware that you are their dedicated account manager, available to support & help them as their bakery & food to go expert.
- Following up emails/Phone calls/ MS Teams calls from customers with pricing and queries about their deliveries, requests of new instructions for deliveries, etc.
- Thrive on having constant interaction with customers
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Will have Telesales & or field sales experience
- Would suit an individual looking for more responsibility and keen to progress their career
- Results orientated & target driven
- Strong communication skills
- Determined & tenacious
- Great customer service
- Organised, proactive & full of initiative
DDF Values & Behaviours;
- Level 1
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Building Bonds
- Beam with Pride and Love What You Do
- Innovative Excellence
- Aim High
- Commit to Action & Ownership