Veterinary Business Manager
Sales/Customer Business Development
Locations: CM14 Brentwood, Chemlsford, Cambridge*
Salary and Benefits: £27,600 per annum + performance bonus + sales incentive + competitive pension scheme + private medical care + company car + fuel card + meal allowance + pet food for 2 pets
The key element of the role is sales development and education within the veterinary sector in recruiting customers with an end-user, consumer focus; therefore the recommendation and the exposure of the products are paramount whilst utilising our Veterinary Services. *This position is responsibile for the following postal code areas AL, CB, CM, DA, EN, IG, RM, SE, SG, SS.
The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for delivering territory sales in line with the veterinary pillar strategy. By serving more pets you will be delivering growth we are proud of. This role is critical to building relationships within the veterinary market with clinic customers, leveraging flexible selling approaches and cocreating solutions to not only increase their nutritional sales but also supporting vets to generate the mutual benefits of health through nutrition outcomes.
In this role you will be responsible for implementing Royal Canin’s strategy to grow sales and distribution of Royal Canin products to feed more cats and dogs through the implementation of the Perfect Clinic Programme. This role requires a good knowledge of the industry and the ability to build collaborative relationships with customers.
- Educate veterinary staff on nutrition by being an expert in veterinary product knowledge and utilising available training tools
- Ensure best practice sharing by collaborating with associates from across pillars and markets
- Accountable for delivering profitable growth on their sales territory
- Effective sales coverage including pre-call planning with defined objectives and delivery of sales coverage model objectives (frequency of visits, level of service etc.)
- Identify new business opportunities and prospect
- Represent the Brand at internal and external company events (e.g.: Trade shows, seminars and conferences) including overnight stays, as required
- Develop deep knowledge of local market (competitors, new customers, etc.) and proactively support Line Manager, Marketing & KAM’s with Market intelligence
- Implement, support and report the deployment of the Key Account strategy in the territory through liaising with KAM’s & implementing accounts service level agreements
- Develop tailored joint business plans with customers and pilot their execution while engaging with all clinic staff to generate mutual benefits and market penetration
- Coordinate with other field roles (Digital Services, Scientific Communication) to better support customers
- Live our Culture at Mars & Royal Canin
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree or above, major in animal medicine and animal science preferable but not essential.
- Proven track record in territory sales or within a sales function is desirable
- Knowledge of veterinary industry highly desirable
- Two years of work experience in related companies in the pet industry, preferable
- Sales & distribution results driven
- Customer and consumer focused
- Proactive with an action bias
- Strong presentation & communication skills
- IT skills (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) to support effective sales analysis and management of the territory
- Drive for results
- Customer focused
- Action Orientated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL® and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.