My client is a global marketing leading drinks company. On their behalf I am recruiting for a Booker / Tesco National Account Controller to work within the grocery channel of the business.
The National Account Controller will lead and manage a direct team of 3 across the account.
With heavy investment and focus on innovation this is an exciting time to join this fast-paced global business.
The National Account Controller will be responsible for leading the development of their account portfolio to be the primary interface responsible for managing the negotiation, development and execution of customer specific strategic and tactical plans to deliver company volume, revenue and profit targets and effective management of all commercial investment.
You will be accountable for inspiring and motivating internal teams and external customers to flawlessly execute commercial propositions.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide strong leadership, coaching and management to direct reports
- To be fully accountable for a significant P&L of accounts within your area of responsibility
- Take accountability for pre-conditioning, creating and executing changes to price plans
- Pro-actively track performance of your business
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Planning teams to ensure that each customer has an individual annual plan that delivers against channel commercial goals and strategic direction.
We're looking for someone who has the enthusiasm and energy to make things happen – you'll bring plenty of initiative and a constant supply of fresh ideas. At the same time, you'll be a category thinker who can devise different approaches to achieve the best results. And you won't be fazed by the high level of accountability and pressure that comes with a role like this. In fact, you'll thrive on it. If that sounds like you, this is your chance to shine.
We are looking for candidates who have strong leadership experience within a Controller based role across the Grocery and Wholesale channel. You must be a clear understanding and confidence with P&L management and with management of both volume and profit forecasting processes as well as be able to demonstrate people management capability.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Proven in FMCG sales; ideally within a branded food or drink business
- Ideally have classical training from a large blue-chip business
- Experienced in managing grocery / wholesale customers
- Managed a significant P&L
- Strong leadership and direct line management experience
- Superb relationship building skills
- Strongly analytical with exceptional influencing skills
- Depth of understanding in category management and ability to apply this
- A positive and ’can do’ attitude
If you are interested, please send your CV quoting reference 9/16092/7. Confidentiality assured.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website