- Work with market leading brands and well-established customers
- Ensure these brands continue to dominate shelf space
- Visiting garden centres and DIY stores
With a very strong family of brands this international garden products manufacturer enjoys sales in almost 100% of the garden centre / hardware trade. This is a developmental role that will lead to a Sales Representative appointment for someone who demonstrates all the required attributes. In this Field Sales Merchandiser role, you will increase in-store sell-through by maximising shelf and display space while providing outstanding customer service.
The Role of Field Sales Merchandiser:
Home based, you will be responsible for a Midlands region, ideally based in Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry or Warwick. Visiting garden centres and DIY retailers your key objectives will include:
- Ensure the in-store execution of agreed customer promotions and display activity
- Use POS and display material effectively to increase sales
- Build strong trade relationships in order to influence display decisions
- Be accountable for sales results in some customers
- Work closely with local Territory Managers
- Fully utilise CRM system to ensure accurate administration and customer knowledge
- Share leads and best practice with team members
- Some weekend work is required during peak season
Candidate profile for this Field Sales Merchandiser opportunity:
Ideally living in Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry or Warwick, we are looking for an experienced Merchandiser, Sales Representative or retail Sales Assistant with a passion for garden products. Working from home you will need a full driving licence, high levels of organisation and self-motivation in order to be successful in this role. We are also looking for:
- Experience in a retail environment with a good knowledge of product display
- A disciplined self-starter, results driven and committed to achieving career recognition
- A great planner with the ability to lead by example and project a professional image
- Strong communication and sales skills
- A desire to develop a career in field sales
- Computer literate in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- A true professional who strives for continuous improvement
As well as an attractive basic salary this opportunity offers a performance-based bonus, company vehicle, 26 days annual leave, life assurance, medical insurance, pension, long service awards and several additional benefits.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.