Retail Concept Specialist
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Base: Field Based
Hours: Full Time
Additional: Company Car, Commission & IT equipment
Overall Purpose of the Role; To deliver budgeted targets for a specific geographical territory by managing and developing existing customer accounts and actively prospecting, winning & opening new accounts.
Key Relationships; Customers, Field Sales Team, Channel Team, Telesales, Marketing Team, Hardware Team, Chef Team Sales Data Admin, Delivery Drivers, Accounts Receivable, Quality Control and Symbol Business Development Managers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include;
- To develop existing customer accounts and actively prospect new accounts to ensure sales forecast and revenue targets are met at a ratio of 80% growth from existing customers and 20% new business within Retail Convenience & Roadside Retail.
- Manage and develop new and existing nominated national & regional accounts using ABL (Authorised buying lists) and templates.
- Actively pursue & convert new business leads.
- Work with the Retail Channel Team to deliver tactical activity in national accounts and Independent groups on your territory to include regular contact with the specific Symbol BDM and a quarterly documented structured meeting.
- Manage territory on a daily basis achieving required visit frequency by account classification.
- Communicate & agree plan of action with Telesales buddy.
- Actively convert customers to Webshop.
- On a monthly basis share a territory business plan with Regional Sales Manager detailing performance to date & forward actions.
- Use reports provided to establish current trends across account base & identify key actions & objectives by customer to be completed within journey cycle.
- All data to be fully completed within Daily Sales Record. Weekly calendar to be updated minimum 4 weeks in advance.
- Ensure all customer enquiries to be responded to within 24hours of receipt and to make sure all issues are addressed and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Continual improvement of product knowledge to share with customers to improve sales growth
- Train and present “Bake Off” and presentation of products in customer locations when required.
- Deliver launch days for new customers.
- Drive Concept sales in line with allocated targets.
- To manage ROI within all equipment placements across the territory to ensure maximum return on investment, relevant action to be taken if equipment is delivering under investment target.
- To follow agreed company processes and policies for pricing, samples, account opening, credit applications, credit requests, quality control.
- ·To undertake any reasonable request asked of you by the management team.
To always represent the Company in a professional and positive manner.
- Maximum of 250 customers per territory
- Identifying which prospect accounts are most valuable and making these a priority.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required;
- Passion for Food
- Great communication skills: verbal, written & numeric
- Competitive, Results Orientated
- Field Sales experience preferably within a Retail Convenience setting
- Problem Solver
- FMCG Experience
- Structured Selling Technique
- Demonstrable Drive & Enthusiasm
- Good PC & Microsoft Application skills
- Bakery Knowledge
DDF Values & Behaviours;
- Level 1
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Building Bonds
- Beam with Pride and Love What You Do
- Innovative Excellence
- Aim High
- Commit to Action & Ownership