ROLE: Regional Account Manager
BUSINESS GROUP: Field Sales
LOCATION: Field Based
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The purpose of this role is to deliver sales forecast, revenue, gross margin and contribution from the assigned Regional, Independent & National foodservice / retail accounts, managing a minimum of £1M up to £3M across an account portfolio and to support / deliver national channel activity & ethos in your geographical area.
REPORTING AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting to the National Sales Controller, this role will need to work closely with Regional Sales Managers, Channel Managers, Commercial Finance, Telesales, Sales Data Admin, Operations, Credit Control, Hardware & Supply Chain to ensure consistent and seamless service delivery to maximise all opportunities.
Other Key Internal Contacts: Quality Control, Product Development, Chefs, Field Sales Representatives and the Ecommerce Team.
Customer Contacts: Buyers, Chefs, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan to achieve your Sales KPIs!
- Develop & execute an Account Plan or Joint Business Plan as agreed for each account Customer in line with the national channel plan to deliver sales forecast, revenue, margin & revenue per drop targets for each Customer across your account portfolio.
- Develop, implement & execute promotional plans / NPD / menu development / product listings.
- Maintain an account file for each customer containing all contact reports, meeting agenda & minutes, proposals, negotiation documentation, presentations etc. File & documentation to be stored centrally (S:DRIVE)
- Ensure all customer communication is completed & actioned in a timely manner with account file updated post each meeting, site visit or electronic / phone contact.
- Ensure Customers & their units are in the correct channel, hierarchy, on the correct pricing levels to avoid any credits & that credit risk is proactively managed.
- Pro-actively manage your account portfolio from a credit perspective to ensure that disputes, queries etc. are promptly resolve, aged debt is kept to the minimum and maximum sites are available to trade at all times.
- Manage your accounts payment terms to the benefit of DDF, strive for 30 days EOM and adherence to those terms.
- Identify & implement ways in which to service customers that will deliver incremental profit; RTM strategy, product mix, electronic trading, field & telesales support etc.
- Quarterly review of account profitability through latest business case mechanic – by SKU with all terms included.
- On a quarterly basis present your business plan for your account portfolio to the senior sales management team supported by quarterly account profitability review.
- Create an account contact matrix for your portfolio detailing all required meetings by account along with the required frequency. In addition site visits to be completed on a monthly basis to ensure a full understanding of your customers business & relevance of any proposed listings / activities. Matrix & plan to be signed off & reviewed regularly by NFSC.
- Regular review of contracts, where terms are in place they must have a dated contract to support. Any contracts up for renewal must be submitted through business case & only approved business cases and agreed contract terms are to be implemented, documented and field with commercial finance.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to ensure OTIF delivery - provide regular forecasts of key SKUs for key customers.
- Implement Price Increase within briefed timelines & in full.
- Brief product specification changes to relevant customers as provided by QC.
- Manage product assortments attached to your accounts. Ensure that on restricted assortments, alternative products are available to support on-going supply for any OOS or delists.
- Ensure customers are fully briefed on delists in a timely manner & that alternative SKUs are secured.
- Deliver ROI on any equipment placements within your accounts, where a site or account falls below required ROI levels you are required to take action to resolve.
- Support & influence the Channel Managers to ensure appropriate strategic direction is agreed & implemented by Channel so as to support profitable growth within your account base.
- Deliver the agreed strategic plan by channel for the account portfolio you are responsible for, including the development & retention of existing business & new business opportunities.
- Provide a detailed period brief (templated) for any accounts that have Field Rep coverage & / or Telesales contact.
- Work with field sales & telesales to design & implement tactical activity in support of your account plans if they sit out with coverage.
- Ensure pricing defensibility is maintained / implemented and support the sector / channel pricing work stream. Ensure this approach is upheld within your account base.
- Regional point of contact for those National Accounts with regionalised structures – network with Regional Directors / Regional Operation Managers to unlock opportunities at site levels – utilise field sales resource to deliver at a site level working collaboratively with DDF Regional Sales Manager.
- Support Field Reps with any groups (under £50k invoiced sales p.a. / 5 sites) they have been allocated with pricing set up, maintenance, account plan development etc – build the Regional accounts of the future & develop our future RAMs
- Network within local authorities within your region and work as a Regional Account Team to create a Channel strategy for Authorities and then implement.
- Share good & best practice across the RAM team to ensure that all opportunities are maximised
- Work collaboratively with your RSM to ensure a relevant & stretching regional plan to maintain, develop & grow business is in place
- Account profitablitlity – unprofitable accounts; either get them profitable quickly or get rid.
- THINK NATIONAL, ACT LOCAL!
- The individual will have responsibility for managing a min of £1m up to £3m sales value across a range of customers and the appropriate margin target assigned to those customers.
- Minimum Monthly 121 with Commercial Finance.
Decision Making Level / Complexity
- The individual will be required to put financial proposals together to win, retain & / or re-negotiate existing / new customers. The proposals will require sign off from the Commercial Finance Team in conjunction with Senior Sales Management.
- The value of these contracts will vary up to £3m.
- NPD management – ensure viability (minimum criteria) before proposing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally graduate
- Preferably experience & knowledge of foodservice and retail
- Experience of Key Account Management, minimum 2 years
- Experience of trade maths, business reporting analysis & evaluation of data
- Experience of creating & implementing strategic account plans
- Strong negotiation skills & ability to influence at all levels
- Presentation skills
- Confident communicator; verbal, numerical & written
- Confident & experienced networker
- Demonstrable drive & enthusiasm
- Net Sales Revenue & gross margin targets for accounts / portfolio
- Revenue per drop
- ROI for equipment existing & new placements
- LTA / Settlement discount measures in line with contracts
- Payment terms
- Dated contracts
- Account plan objectives v. achievements
DDF VALUES & BEHAVIOURS
- Level 2
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Building Bonds
- Beam with Pride and Love What You Do
- Innovative Excellence
- Aim High
- Commit to Action & Ownership