Job Title: National Key Account Manager (Clothing, Accessories, Footwear)
Job Sector: Clothing, Accessories, Footwear
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000 p.a + bonus + vehicle
Job Reference: SS/23539
- Branded supplier of casual outdoor clothing now sold through 800 retail outlets
- Achieving annual growth over 30% and stocked by many high street groups
- Distributing to 5 export markets with more growth planned
- Successful and growing field sales team
A successful and fast-growing British lifestyle clothing, accessories and footwear manufacturer with a strong outdoor living identity. The brand is now available behind 1100 doors and stocked by 800 independent retailers. The national accounts portfolio increases every year and includes John Lewis, Next, Cotswold Outdoor and Mole Valley Farmers to name but a few. Export sales are growing with strong performance in Europe as well as newer markets in Australia and New Zealand.
As Key Account Manager, you will be based from home and out in the field, working closely with the Sales Manager and the rest of the office based team to nurture, build and develop key accounts throughout the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- To manage and drive sales within a selection of accounts – high volume, complex, on line, wholesale and contract, building strong and secure working relationships for the company and brand
- Maximise and drive distribution of collections and ranges with existing account base and within channel categories
- Regularly visit customers at their premises to present new ranges, conduct trading review meetings and maintain an understanding of competitor activity within the account
- Maintain regular customer liaison outside of field visits
- Identify and secure new accounts/business, working within the brand’s criteria for product placement.
- Work within the parameters of margin and profitability for both existing and new accounts
- Create, negotiate and implement joint business plans for key customers
- Analyse retailer sell - through and stock data; communicate results and projections with internal teams and use this information to increase sales and serviceability for customers
- Regular forecasting for account turnover, using retailer sales data and taking into consideration market trends and category knowledge
- Regular forecasting for product – both new and continuity lines
- Actively participate in multiple trade exhibitions
- Working with professional buyers to understand their requirements and to make presentations that meet their needs
- Negotiate trading terms in order to achieve both sales and margin targets
- Support all customers with training, point of sale material, product images and descriptions
- Constantly review the sales forecast against stock availability
- Implement promotional activity when required
- Advise customers of forthcoming product innovation and launches
- Achieve targets for sales growth and new customer wins
We are looking for a highly skilled Key Account Manager professional with experience of selling a branded product range to leading UK retail accounts.
In addition, we hope to find the additional qualities:
- Based anywhere in the UK but happy work on a national basis
- A proven and successful sales and account management professional
- Experience and a strong understanding of the clothing/outdoor apparel industries
- Experience of dealing with key retail and wholesale accounts with proven skills in negotiation and presentation
- Excellent sales skills. Able to build sales arguments, influence decisions and close for sales orders
- Highly driven and results focused
- Passionate about outdoor living and highly motivated to work in this trade
The job holder will enjoy a negotiable basic salary plus a performance based bonus scheme that will fully reward contribution, a fully expensed vehicle and all business expenses.
Contact: Sophie Simmonds
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.