Business Development Executive – Out of Home
The role in a nutshell
The Out of Home sector is reopening quickly and we’re on the hunt for a sales savvy tea nut to help us to grow business with our direct customers. In this role you will be tasked with driving new business, by reaching out to and winning accounts, especially high street chains, hotels and offices.
You’ll love this job if…
- You’re a great relationship builder
- You’ve got a passion for selling
- You’re results driven!
- You’re organised and have a good eye for detail
- You have excellent problem-solving skills
- You want to work for and make a big impact in a small(ish) and leading brand
- You like tea!
What you’ll be doing / Key responsibilities:
- Working with the Head of Global business development and the OOH channel manager to target and secure new business
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with buyers, understanding their requirements, and helping to implement changes to drive sales
- Proactively reaching out to potential new customers, proposing the teapigs range and closing the deal
- Attending trade shows, samplings and sales trainings to promote teapigs
- Onboarding accounts and introducing them and their customers to the world of real tea
- Ensuring marketing plans are activated, helping to organise samplings and POS support where appropriate.
What you’ll need to do well / to fly:
- This is an entry level role. Some experience in a sales role is desirable but not essential. If it’s in the out of home sector then even better, but we’ll consider anyone with a real passion for food & drink
- A real passion for winning new business
- A love for working with people and building relationships
- Excellent attention to detail, personal organisation and communication skills
- Resourcefulness – a curious mind and drive to solve problems, big and small
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a drive to evolve the role through new knowledge and tools
- Flexibility and a willingness to get your hands dirty –we’re a small team so there’s lots of change and sometimes tasks will overlap across teams
- Approachability - you understand your impact on others and you work well within your network, supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge so we can all do better work
- BIG ambition to grow within a dynamic business
- Full UK driving licence
Are we perfect for you?...
Nick and Louise started teapigs in November 2006 with a mission to get people drinking real tea again and to do things a little differently. They met whilst working for a big tea company, where they learned all about tea and drank loads of it. They soon came to realise that there was a whole world of quality teas out there that weren’t getting the attention they deserve. And so teapigs began.
We make better tea, using real, quality, whole teas, herbs, berries, flowers and spices for our compostable tea “temples”. As well as quality tea, running the business a bit differently & sustainability has always been top priority. We wanted to create an open friendly working environment & we always wanted to give back to the communities that give us our tea in a tangible way. And we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. We are a certified BCorp company & London Living Wage employer who believe that we can use our business for good.
We’re the number 1 super premium tea brand in the UK, the first to bring whole leaf tea in a mesh bag to the market. We have a range of 34 wonderful, a brilliant online community, much brand love and a fantastic team of teapigs. You’ll now find teapigs in over 44 countries across the world. We have big growth plans and are excited about the future.
- To work in a flexible, supportive & friendly working culture
- Competitive salary and performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
- Summer hours! Early finish Fridays throughout summer
- Healthcare, free eye tests & enhanced pension scheme
- A cycle to work scheme (granted, slightly more useful when back in the office)
- A monthly tea allowance (yep, even while we work from home!)
- Online yoga and HIIT class every week
- Monthly WFH allowance to make sure you've got everything you need while we're working remotely
- Lots of support & personalised training to help you grow
- A dedicated 'team fun', who run regular teapigs socials!
We are excited to be building a diverse & inclusive business. As part of this, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome & encourage applications from all candidates regardless of your ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want people who can be themselves & be proud of the work they do.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (that bit is important!) explaining why you'd be fab for the role!
*Please don’t send your application without a cover letter – they’re our favourite bit.*