About The Role
We are looking for a Head of Range to create the business strategy for our ranges and customer offer across the convenience and off license estate – working closely the Retail format team to ensure best in class solutions are created.
Leading a team of Range managers across the BRL business ,to interpret market trends and customer needs ,creating and delivering range and planogram solutions , which maximise sales and profit for both our customers and the group.
This role will be split between our York and Crewe offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure we have a set of Format Blueprints which inform our future thinking of space, categories & equipment across all missions & customers
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that teams are kept informed of store & category design activity
- Create a process to deliver simple range and planogram solutions for the different offers which identify all key merchandising principles
- Range managers to continually use Data, Market Trends, Competitors /Supplier insights to inform & influence their decisions
- In conjunction with the Commercial Buying Team create & maintain Annual Range Change Plan which the business will use to implement change to stores
- Ensure the timetable for all reviews is shared across the business - incorporating all deadlines and ensuring that all relevant attendees for reviews / outward communication is managed and delivered to timelines and captured (and updated ) on the “operations “ activity planner
- Provide Implementation Guide communication & Planogram Uploads to relevant media’s – ensuring time is diarised to provide the sales team with the best possible support to drive execution
- Maintain Merchandising Principles & Category Model which defines Segmentation
- Provide Implementation Guide communication & Planogram Uploads to relevant media’s – meeting all agreed timelines
- Engage with Retailers and Corporate Stores, to gain feedback on range & plans understanding opportunities that exist
- Creation of Seasonal and Promotional Plans in line with agreed timelines that reflect brief, theme commercial strategy
Knowledge, skills & Experience:
- Store development and design experience managing people and partners
- Experience of working in a retail store environment
- Experience in a Range Planning function managing Teams
- Able to demonstrate understanding of independent retail environment
- CAD Design technical skills
- Awareness of CDM regulations and qualifications
- Able to manipulate/analyse large amounts of complex data
- Ability to spot opportunities for growth and development opportunities
- A detailed eye for retailing standards
- Knowledge of space planning applications e.g., JDA Space Planning
- Able to develop the use of space planning systems
- Excellent knowledge PC applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
Established in 1976, Bestway Wholesale has grown to become the UK’s largest independent food and drink wholesaler, we also operate in Banking, Cement and Heath Care Sectors with UBL Bank, Bestway Cement and Well Pharmacy.
Our mission is to be the ‘Best Way to Grow your Food and Drinks Business’.
With 58 depots spanning the length and breadth of the UK, Bestway Wholesale is a supply partner to over 70,000 independent retailers and 40,000 catering and foodservice operators.
We have scale and purchasing power to help our customers compete in an ever-changing market. In addition to supplying to thousands of convenience stores, Bestway Wholesale also operates the award-winning Best-one symbol group which has 1,400 members across the country and over 3,500 independent retailers have chosen our depot-run promotion club, Xtra Local, as their retail club of choice.
Through the acquisition of Costcutter Supermarkets Group into our Bestway Retail Division, our annual wholesale turnover has grown to c£3b per year.
Bestway Retail now supports nearly 3000 symbol retailers as well as operating over 400 franchised stores, and over 170 company owned stores throughout England and Wales, we employ over 2500 colleagues who enable us to provide a great local retail service in our communities.
We own the UKs largest franchised off license and convenience chains which encompasses the brands Bargain Booze, Wine Rack, Select Convenience and Central Convenience. Our vision is to be the best value off licence led convenience retailer and wholesaler.
Both retailers and suppliers are supported by this new additional scale of the combined business, with the collaborative partnership approach making Bestway the partner of choice for growing sales in the convenience market.
Join us and you will be joining our fast-paced business, entrepreneurial and dynamic business. It's an incredibly exciting time to join us in this new venture!!