Beanies Flavour Coffee are looking for 2 ambitious sales account managers who want a new challenge with a fast-growing brand and who want to help us ‘Bring The Flavour’ to new distribution outlets. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a key business development role in the company and contribute to its further success. Specific account responsibilities will depend on the experience, trade contacts and skills of the successful candidates but experience of dealing with retailers at head office level is highly desirable.
2021 has seen the completion of a rebrand for Beanies, brand new flavours and products launched and new distribution gained both in the UK and abroad for our low calorie, no sugar, flavour instant coffee. It’s an exciting time to join the brand as we have ambitious plans to grow further over the next 5 years. These new sales roles offer the chance to help determine that future, whilst developing your own skill set.
Essential skills for the role:
- Commercially astute with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an FMCG sales role.
- Will have had success in gaining listings and distribution for their current or previous brand and be able to demonstrate their achievements – we are not just looking for an ‘order taker’.
- Strong numerical skills - you will have a commercial way of thinking and are highly competent with sales data analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint – must be able to put together a customer presentation and a commercial proposal using both brand and customer insight
- Strong account management and organisational skills
- Creative and have a flexible attitude to solving problems and finding opportunities
Desirable skills for the role:
- Experience of working in hot beverage sales
- Working for a challenger brand/SME
- Devise account plans with existing retail customers
- Create persuasive plans and proposals for prospective customers based on brand strengths, market position and opportunities
- To look for additional in store opportunities using creative thinking
- Put together an overarching promotional plan by account and a programme of costed and forecasted promotional activities.
- EPOS data analysis where applicable to identify opportunities within accounts
- Forecasting for everyday sales and promotional activities and communicating this internally
- Visit trade shows as required
- Regular customer contact across different functions
- Inquisitive mind, tenacious desire to succeed and passionate about your brand
- Enthused to know your market inside out, share your ideas and challenge assumptions
- Able to work independently but communicate your needs to the wider team to achieve your objectives
- Able to lead on your accounts and know when to ask for input
- Salary circa £25K
- Bonus scheme
- 0830-1630 working hours
- Company pension
- Health insurance
Location: Depends on home location of candidate. Northern candidates would be expected to spend time at the head office in Darlington; Southern candidates would largely work from home but with frequent contact with line manager and regular visits to head office to discuss progress and objectives.
Start date: ASAP