Fentimans have been making natural botanical drinks for over 100 years. Our artisanal drinks are brewed for 7 days using the time-honoured botanical brewing process. The result is a superior drink that tastes simply delicious.
It was in 1905, Thomas Fentiman, an iron puddler from Cleckheaton, England was approached by a fellow tradesman for a loan. A deal was struck and a recipe for botanically brewed ginger beer was provided as security. The loan was never repaid so Thomas became the owner of the unique recipe. Thomas began using the recipe and producing botanically brewed ginger beer which he delivered door-to-door using a horse and cart for transport.
The world has changed a lot over 100 years since Thomas Fentiman founded the business. Fentimans have had to adapt to meet the demands of an ever changing world. Changes in the way people shop has meant our door-to-door deliveries have made way for selling online and in shops, bars and restaurants. The old stone jars have also been replaced by our iconic and instantly recognisable glass bottle.
Over 100 years since we first started brewing botanical drinks, the business is still in the Fentimans family and is owned by the Great Grandson of Thomas Fentiman. We also continue to make our delicious natural beverages by the multi-stage botanical brewing technique. Our processes have been updated and our beverages are now carbonated before being filled and pasteurised to extend the product shelf life. However, the one thing that has not changed is the superior quality, craftsmanship and unsurpassed flavour of our drinks.
Successful & Sustainable growth means that we are now seeking to appoint a Category Manager.
Are you ready to be part of the story?
The purpose of the Category Manager role is to step change the distribution of the Fentimans Mixers range throughout the in home, out of home, and export channels. This will be achieved through the use of exceptional insight delivered through Epos and Panel data sources such as Nielsen, CGA, and Global Data.
The category manager will build close relationships with buyers and category contacts within key retailers and out of home customers, becoming the ‘go to’ point of insight and recommendations for the category. This will allow Fentimans to win at key range changes and make the right decisions around range, promotions, distribution and NPD.
The Category Manager will be the focus point for understanding the mixers market, what Fentimans needs to do to win, and providing compelling selling stories for the trade to win distribution. They will develop strong working relationships with the trade, becoming an expert source of category insight for the mixers market.
Responsibilities will include:
- To present monthly category reviews with the top customers across our three core channels.
- To present range and distribution recommendations at key range change windows with underpinning rationale.
- Produce mixers selling presentations to gain listings of a core range of products.
- Interrogate Epos and Panel data to gain an understanding of performance, the competitive environment and what we need to do to win.
- Interrogate Loyalty Card data to gain an understanding of the Fentimans shopper profile, and their importance to the retailer / customer.
- Produce a long term Mixer category vision, outlining focus areas for growth and business requirements (e.g. NPD).
- Evaluating promotional performance and delivering an annual mixers promotional plan.
- Supporting the NPD and marketing teams with insight and recommendations of how to grow the Fentimans mixers brand.
- Track internal mixers sales performance and build plans to bridge any gaps vs budget.
The successful candidate will have at least 2-3 years category management experience within an FMCG environment; this could be either Supplier or Retail side. Being highly analytical well organised with strong attention to detail you will have a passion for converting data into actionable insight and grasp the opportunity to learn.