Rhokett is a rapidly growing business and one of the UK’s premium dessert manufacturers, established over the last 19 years by the inspiration and driving force of the late Michelin Star chef Gary Rhodes & Martin Dockett. Our ever expanding, top quality client base demand the very best in hand made desserts, patisserie, ice creams, sorbets and other specialities.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager to join our dedicated and enthusiastic management team who must have experience with supplying major retailers.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Procurement Manager is responsible for all areas relating to maintaining adequate stock levels across our sites. The Procurement Manager is supplier facing role and will ensure that the company procures the best possible price for goods in line with market pricing.
With the support of a procurement team, including Procurement Assistant and Stock Control Manager, the main duties of this integral role include:
- To develop and maintain relationships with all strategic suppliers.
- To negotiate purchasing contracts for all key raw materials and packaging.
- Research new products in line with both the business and customers specified requirements.
- Monitor Market trends where possible to ensure goods are being procured at the correct prices in line with market data.
- Reviewing set up of IC stock items on stock system ensuring new lines are set up in line with company processes and requirements
- Monitor stock levels on the company stock system to ensure optimum ordering of required raw materials and packaging.
- Utilise reports within the stock system ensuring production plans and stock levels are monitored to optimise ordering and stock levels held.
- Assess requirements on both raw materials and packaging where possible to ensure the correct volume is being ordered to obtain the best possible price.
- Monitor raw material usage on seasonal lines against production recipes and liase with Production Managers to minimise wastage at the end of production.
- Review stock write offs in conjunction with stock manager reporting on a monthly basis to the finance director
- Work out and place initial orders for any new raw materials on all new lines in a timely manner ahead of product launch date to enable production to start producing when required.
- Develop and maintain strategies for procuring and storing goods whilst maintaining stock levels.
- Oversee all stock takes carried out on dates specified by the Financial Director in conjunction with stock control manager.
- Review stock take figures and values prior to submitting information to Financial Director reporting any anomalies and write offs.
- Prepare reports for submission to finance directors for inclusion in board report covering raw material and packaging purchases and appropriate KPIs
- Manage all aspects of the supply chain and notify senior management team of any challenges that may impact sales and/or production.
This role is ideal for a candidate who is currently a Procurement Manager with a food manufacturing background and is looking for a transition into desserts or has been in a supporting role and is looking for a development opportunity.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 8am -5pm
Due to our location, the use of a car is essential.
Please contact Olivia Shead, Human Resources Manager to apply by email: email@example.com or by post: Unit 7, Courtlands Farm Industrial Estate, Turnden Road, Cranbrook, Kent, TN17 2QL.