Are you that sharp, bright, ambitious, self-organised team player to operate in a fast paced but exciting action driven environment to create exciting insights and category strategies to win.
Location: Homebased with 2-3 days in the office in the North West.
You must be ready to support the category manager in developing, communicating and evaluating category growth plans. To build and own relationships as a trusted category advisor with key customers in the traditional convenience, wholesale, discounters, high street and out of home channels.
Reporting including but not limited to daily orders, EPOS trackers, monthly reporting suite, board packs, business reports.
Monitoring industry, category and food trends using all of our continuous data (i.e. Kantar, DunnHumby, Mintel, IGD Retail Insight, IGD Shopper Vista, EPOS, The Food People etc.) and any insight provided by the Clients Marketing Team, the Group Category Community for onward and proactive communication with internal and external customers as insight with recommended actions. Being the internal expert who thinks outside the box.
Your role will be central to understanding the competitive landscape of the business and provide a platform for further strategic decision making. Therefore, you will be at the heart of business with a view of everything that is taking place.
Acting as the key category management contact for customers from traditional convenience and wholesale, the discounters, high street and out of home. Becoming a trusted advisor for key customers on how to grow their category sales and building strong relationships.
- Detail-orientated with good Excel skills and the ability to manipulate, analyse and report data effectively
- An interest in interpreting trends to make predictions about the future
- Commercial awareness and problem-solving ability
- The ability to work on multiple tasks under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organised, self-motivated individual with the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
With ideally 12 months experience in a commercial category analyst function capability to analyse multiple data sources, consolidate into compelling arguments.
This role will provide an opportunity to develop your career and lead to future promotion and development.
Interested? Forward an updated cv and salary details to Paul Nyman Consultancy who are managing the project and will be conducting initial on line interviews over the coming weeks.