Territory Sales Manager
Region – North West, East & West Yorkshire & Lakes (preferable home location – North Manchester, Leeds, Huddersfield area)
Salary - £35k basic + 15% OTE & Uncapped Earning Potential
Other Benefits - 6% Pension Contribution, Death in service cover, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, fully expensed company car or car allowance option.
About Widdop & Co.
Due to retirement, we are seeking to replace our Territory Sales Manager for the above region that just so happens to be the head office region. Widdop & Co is a well-respected, award winning giftware designer & importer with a family heritage of more than 130 years. We are innovative and forward thinking but with traditional values.
You would be joining our 9-strong sales team, calling on a variety of retailers on a well-established sales area with a Company car, contributory pension scheme and fully paid expenses. You should be resident within the territory. Previous experience within the gift industry is not essential but rather the ability to demonstrate a committed approach, a proven previous sales record and an attitude to selling which retains humility and avoids arrogance. You must be highly self-motivated and will be working in an environment with the minimum of reporting requirements.
Territory Manager Duties:
- Building the business within the territory using a variety of sales techniques.
- Work with underperforming accounts to turn the curve.
- Targeting potential customers and assessing opportunities for sales.
- Arranging 3-4 sales calls per day with potential customers and heavily utilising the fantastic showroom facility at Head Office.
- Cold calling companies within the territory and establishing needs.
- Putting together a list of target companies within the area.
- Analysing competitor activities in the region and assessing opportunities for business development.
- Working to revenue targets and KPI’s as set by the management team.
- Networking with businesses in the territory and building relationships.
- Attending relevant industry events and trade shows to build business.
- Chasing sales leads from other members of the company.
- Working closely with other territory sales manager’s and national account managers.
- Putting together sales strategies to target large accounts.
- Keeping up to date with industry news to identify opportunities for new business.
Background of the Territory Sales Manager
- Previous experience working as a territory sales manager.
- Preferably have relevant industry background gained from a competitor or company in a related industry.
- Excellent people skills and an ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
- Proven track record of building business and hitting sales targets.
Please contact Simon Entwistle Directly at Landers Recruitment Tel: 01204 309555 email: firstname.lastname@example.org