A well – established, family run coatings manufacturer with strong brands and ambitious growth plans! Specialists in (but not restricted to) marine coatings, their range of products includes varnishes, topcoats, undercoats, primers and bilge paints.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager and covering the Southwest region, you will ideally be based in/around the Bristol area in order to manage and service your territory effectively. With up to 400 customers spanning your remit, you will be required to nurture, maintain and develop these existing relationships which will include cross – selling and up – selling to build on sales.
Duties will include;
- Work towards and achieve sales and margin targets
- Develop new and existing stocklists and customers
- Solutions selling – understanding the customers requirements and selling the appropriate products.
- Increase the product rage within the existing customer base
- Establish, maintain and develop strong relationships with customers
- Resolve any customer problems or complaints in a timely manner
- Acknowledge and feedback on any market knowledge including competitor marketing activity, products and distribution
In order to be considered for the position of Area Sales Manager, you must possess the following:
- Solid sales and account management experience specifically selling branded products into Trade Merchants
- Experience of selling coatings/paint products would be desirable but not essential
- Highly motivated and target driven
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- A full UK driving license
- The ability to work from home when not out with customers
- Based in/around Bristol
The job holder will enjoy a salary of up to £34,000 p.a (DOE), company car (allowance would be considered), laptop, mobile, 24 days holiday + bank holidays, pension
Contact: Sophie Simmonds
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.