The role in a nutshell
This role will be responsible for driving new business sales for both teapigs and Good Earth tea in speciality wholesale, icon and gifting accounts. This role will also support the wholesale and high street account manager.
You’ll love this job if…
- You enjoy talking to people, on the phone and face to face
- You are keen to sell an exciting product
- You get a kick out of winning new business and seeing a product on the shelves and thinking “I did that!”
- You want to work for and make a big impact in a small(ish) and leading brand
- You like tea!
What you’ll be doing / Key responsibilities:
- Actively seeking out retail and wholesale accounts that need teapigs or Good Earth– via out and about days, trade/consumer magazines, websites and newsletters.
- Identifying new contacts and proactively calling and sending samples to any businesses that should have teapigs or Good Earth.
- Following up on leads that come in from the wider team.
- Meeting with contacts and working to get a deal over the line.
- On boarding new accounts, ensuring they know all there is to know about teapigs and Good Earth and are presenting us in the best possible way on site.
- Working with the head of Grocery to implement the strategy for speciality grocery and icon accounts.
What you’ll need to do well / to fly:
- Strong communication skills – you can’t be afraid to pick up the phone!
- Excellent attention to detail and personal organisation, you’ll love a to-do list!
- Resourcefulness – a curious mind and drive to solve problems, big and small.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a drive to evolve the role through new knowledge and tools.
- Flexibility and a willingness to get your hands dirty –we’re a small team so there’s lots of change and sometimes tasks will overlap across teams.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand what is helping us succeed in selling more tea and in spending less money and to act on it.
- Approachability - you understand your impact on others and you work well within your network, supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge so we can all do better work.
- BIG ambition to grow within a dynamic business.
Are we perfect for you?
Nick and Louise started teapigs in November 2006 with a mission to get people drinking real tea again and to do things a little differently. They met whilst working for a big tea company, where they learned all about tea and drank loads of it. They soon came to realise that there was a whole world of quality teas out there that weren’t getting the attention they deserve. And so teapigs was born!
We’re committed to creating quality tea that’s accessible (without the pomp and ceremony!) is sustainable and gives back to tea growing communities. Simple, right!?
Skip to today, and we’re the number 1 super premium tea brand in the UK - we were the first to bring whole leaf tea in a mesh bag to the market, and more recently the first tea brand to be certified plastic-free. We are a certified B Corp company & London Living Wage employer who believe that we can use our business for good. We have a range of 34 wonderful teas, a brilliant online community, a much-loved brand, and a fantastic team of teapigs. You’ll now find teapigs in over 44 countries across the world. We have big growth plans and are excited about the future!
teapigs is part of a larger group and has some sister brands. We operate as our own business and legal entity in our offices in Brentford but we collaborate with our sister brands and some of the teapigs team are supporting in growing other brands alongside teapigs. So, as part of your career journey with teapigs, there are wider opportunities in the world of tea and drinks. You can read more about how teapigs started and is set up here. Link to blog.
- To work in a flexible, supportive & friendly working culture
- Competitive salary and performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
- Summer hours! Early finish Fridays throughout summer
- Healthcare, free eye tests & enhanced pension scheme
- A cycle to work scheme (granted, slightly more useful when back in the office)
- A monthly tea allowance (yep, even while we work from home!)
- Online yoga and HIIT class every week
- Monthly WFH allowance to make sure you've got everything you need while we're working remotely
- Lots of support & personalised training to help you grow
- A dedicated 'team fun', who run regular teapigs socials!
We are excited to be building a diverse & inclusive business. As part of this, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome & encourage applications from all candidates regardless of your ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want people who can be themselves & be proud of the work they do.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (that bit is important!) explaining why you'd be fab for the role!
Please don’t send your application without a cover letter – they’re our favourite bit.