An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Content Editor to join The Grocer, the UK’s biggest, most interesting and most high-profile business media brand.
The Commercial Content Editor role will play an important part in helping our advertisers, ranging from the world’s largest FMCG companies to blue chip tech and professional service businesses, raise brand awareness and engage their customers through paid content on our platforms.
The Commercial Content Editor will be someone with strong editorial skills and commercial experience working directly with advertising clients. They will be responsible for delivering high quality native advertising content for multiple sections on thegrocer.co.uk and potentially additional divisional brands.
The Commercial Content Editor will collaborate with section editors, commercial teams, and digital teams to deliver a successful online product for subscribers and advertisers.
The Editor must have strong editorial experience, be abreast of trends and issues in native advertising and content marketing and have a keen understanding of the competitive landscape. They will have a keen eye for a story and contacts across a range of genres in the writing community.
The Commercial Content Editor will also play an important role in client relationship management, ensuring that projects deliver on client objectives whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
The Editor will be a leader who can delegate, motivate, and coordinate work done by others, on deadline, while liaising with internal and external stakeholders. The editor is also responsible for the ad compliance and editorial standards of their content.
The role reports to the Managing Director Retail & Manufacturing and works closely with the editorial, commercial, digital teams and digital production.
- Commission content to agreed schedules and ensure all material complies with The Grocer editorial guidelines.
- Play an active role in developing briefs and project managing from commission and production through to completion.
- Devise and pitch new ideas for commercial content features, reports, and projects to The Grocer editorial standards.
- Work with the editors to ensure that commercial content is informative, inspired, creative, varied, balanced and of wide appeal to readers at all times.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to plan and deliver upon an ongoing marketing strategy
- Manage existing clients and accounts, ensuring relationships develop.
- Lead and host webinars, roundtables and other commercially backed events.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Substantial experience in writing and commissioning content.
- Substantial experience in speaking with customers and clients, strong client relationship management experience
- Experience in working with native/client-funded content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive digital experience required, including knowledge of CMS, basic HTML, Photoshop and social media is preferred.
- Effective management, you will be highly organised with the ability to multitask effectively across several projects at once.
- Demonstrable skills in creative and commercial idea generation
- Must be entrepreneurial, a problem-solver, detailed reader/line editor and creative thinker.
- Comfortable dealing with clients directly with excellent interpersonal, presenting and interviewing skills
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
We’re all working remotely right now, but there’s scope for flexible working arrangements to continue. The head office is based near Crawley, 30 minutes from Brighton and 10 mins from Gatwick and its connections to London and the world.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role
- Any links or PDF examples of your journalistic output, to demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge.
We look forward to hearing from you.
CLOSING DATE: 03/8/21