National Account Manager (Retail Development)
We are looking for someone highly motivated and determined to undertake responsibility for a blend of existing customer development and new business onboarding. The National Account Manager - Retail Development will join a cohesive and supportive team and will have the exciting opportunity to take a key customer to the next level. We are looking for innovative ideas and well thought out concepts to help us become market leaders and therefore the candidate’s ability to think differently and creatively will be important.
National Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Build Joint Business Plans with existing customers that drive a mutual focus on delivering growth and profitability
- Monitoring existing and new customer performance on sales and profitability and driving improvements as required
- Identify new business opportunities to increase sales and profitability
- Support the channel on new business as we work towards achieving our 5 year sales targets
- Adherence to agreed customer contact strategies and appropriate recording of all visits made – use of CRM as our tool for planning and recording
- Develop good working relationships with individual customers and their teams, without compromising the needs and expectations of the AFB Group
- Providing customers with information and support regarding the implementation of new AFB developments / initiatives
- Work cross-functionally and with central functions to deliver outstanding customer service
- Develop sales plans and targets with Telesales as necessary to grow existing and recruit new customers
- Work with Finance on the management of customer’s payment terms and identify any potential debt risks
Key job Info:
- Will be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes.
- Will be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business.
- Will have access to company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy.
What's in it for you?
- Develop your skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
- Outstanding Training & Development
- Excellent benefits package
About A.F.Blakemore & Son:
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1 billion. A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned business in the UK. Blakemore Wholesale’s success has been built upon the development of a partnership approach with customers via a team of friendly and knowledgeable staff. The business has developed a great team ethos across the workplace and is committed to making a positive impact across the communities it serves.
Working for our Blakemore Wholesale Division, you will be part of a leading multi-temperature distribution company that supplies retail businesses across the UK, public sector customers, national account customers and independent caterers. The business distributes throughout the UK, from Scotland to the Isle of Wight, to customers including pubs, restaurant chains, the leisure industry, schools & travel retail customers. Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, wholesale distribution, food service, logistics, specialist foods and shop fitting divisions.
If you want to be part of our exciting 5 year strategy, and that’s just the start, then this role is for you!
Location: Axcess 10 - Darlaston, West Midlands
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 40 Hours Per Week
Salary: Competitive rate plus excellent benefits including use of company car.
Benefits: Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role
Closing date for applications: 19th August, 2021
You may have experience of the following: Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Retail Development Manager, Account Management, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Client Relationship Management, New Business Development, Field Sales, Business Development Executive, etc.