what you'll be doing
Here at innocent, we’re going through an exciting period of growth, getting our drinks into the fridges of more drinkers across Europe and we’re looking for someone brilliant to become our new European Category Strategy Leader. This is a key leadership role within the newly formed European Insight & Category Strategy team which sits in the wider central marketing team.
You will be responsible for leading the development of the European category strategy, identifying and building the key category growth drivers. This will form the fundamental basis of our narrative and building blocks across Europe, informing our LRP, underpinning our brand and portfolio strategy and driving our customer sell-in plans in market.
To deliver this successfully, you’ll lead a cross-functional pan-European team of Insight & Category leaders from each of our key regions, the central Insight Planners and the Market Data manager. You’ll be a brilliant facilitator, highly skilled at bringing people together and fostering collaboration to delivering winning strategies. To make sure our strategy lands in market and gets buy-in from our customers, you’ll work closely with the market leads to support tailoring for local market and build category strategy and development capability. You’ll partner closely with the central brand & portfolio team and marketing finance, to ensure the category strategy informs the choices we make in our LRP, and drives our portfolio strategy.
Externally, you’ll have your ‘finger on the pulse’, shaping how best we track and monitor category performance across Europe. Using strong communication and story-telling skills you will build one narrative around category and our performance within it to deliver ‘one version of the truth’. You’ll elevate consumer, shopper and category understanding across the central marketing team and our key geographies, by creating a culture of continuous insight and ensuring category insight is at the forefront of new ideas.
Overall, this role brings together category, market and consumer insight to deliver the triple win – growing the category for our customers and strengthening and growing the innocent brand and business.
- Significant experience in a category strategy or development role, ideally at a European or Global level, with a strong grasp of the principles of category strategy and how to translate these into actionable commercial opportunities both internally and externally.
- Strong leadership capability and you’ll be a team player who works well with people from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds.
- Great communication skills, working effectively with key stakeholders and influencing at a senior level. Agency-side experience is a plus, but not a must.
- Strong analytical ability, with a talent for connecting different data sources and joining the dots to make simple, logical and compelling narratives.
- You’ll have experience of working with market data (such as Kantar, Nielsen etc.) and using it to understand performance and unlock opportunities.
- A global and future-thinking mindset. International experience is a plus.
The chance to be part of a European Marketing team, that has just been restructured to put the consumer and category insight firmly at the heart of business decision making. This is an exciting opportunity to work across Europe to influence decision-making and shape the future direction of innocent.
Working for our brand that is purpose-led, on a journey to be good all round, with a clear vision for growth and values led in the approach. You’ll also get amazing Learning & Development support. This is an exciting opportunity to work across Europe to influence decision-making and shape the future direction of innocent.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon.
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.
We're all about building a workplace for the future here at innocent, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be natural, and be the best versions of themselves.
You’ll help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent an inclusive and inspiring place to work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.