The Successful Head of Marketplace growth will be working for one of the leading brands within the garden sector. They will be working with well-established products, innovative new designs and launching new product categories and brands into the UK. They will be part of a growing team, creating a new function and have the task of bringing new product to market through arguably some of the biggest marketplace and digital channels in the world.
This Head of Marketplace Growth role is ideal for a driven and experienced operator in the marketplace environments, with a commercial and organised approach to delivering growth across digital channels. They will already have an established understanding of the bigger Marketplaces [eBay / Amazon] and a thirst for maximising the other marketplaces that exist.
As Head of Marketplace growth you will be responsible for the complete marketplace channel and day-to-day operations on the marketplace ecommerce platforms. Activities include, customer service, updates, listings, promotions, merchandising, maintenance, reporting and overall channel performance of our channels such as Amazon, eBay, Manomano, onBuy and more. It is important that the role holder has a deep understanding of how the marketplace operates and can work hands on in all aspects, in order to grow a team and understand the commercial opportunities for growth.
The make this role a success, you will be a self-starter with an bias towards results and see the benefit in being hands on as well as thinking strategically.
- Utilising marketplace channels to enhance brand awareness and create further sales opportunities through online accounts
- Ensuring the extensive product offering is optimised across target marketplaces and digital channels
- Optimise Sales, Margin and Return on investment through pricing, availability and marketing activities
- Work with the marketing team to ensure our offering on the marketplace and digital channels is best in class in terms of Imagery, video, enhanced content, SEO and keywords; for maximum organic reach.
- Collaborating with local sales and marketing teams to put together the best tactical PPC strategy and brand marketing plans
- Manage Issues such as customer service, account health, delivery issues etc
- Provide performance reporting across all marketplace and digital channel Metrics
- Open New target marketplaces and creating listings for all digital channels
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Amazon and eBay marketplace experience, plus good knowledge of other key marketplaces would be advantageous, having worked on multiple accounts in the past
- Have B2B and D2C experience working with branded product on marketplace channels.
- Have seller central, vendor central, as well as brand registry experience on amazon and understand hybrid models.
- Be extremely commercial, have a track record of significantly growing marketplace and digital channel sales performance
- Be highly motivated to work under their own steam and develop processes as the marketplace Business Expert
- Good knowledge of software and analytical tools utilised by marketplaces; like Helium 10 or channel management software
Reply to email@example.com
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.