FareShare GM is Manchester’s #1 food redistribution charity. We save good quality in-date food from going to waste, redistributing it around Greater Manchester to charities, schools and community groups who turn it into meals for vulnerable people. Between April 2020 and March 2021, we redistributed 3,406 tonnes of food to 350 community food members – which is the equivalent to just over 8 million meals.
Our Regional Food Sourcing Co-ordinator works closely with our in-house team as well as the FareShare UK Food and Food Co-ordination team, and partners with existing and new food companies across Greater Manchester to source and distribute surplus food as efficiently as possible.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maximising the volume of in-date surplus food available to Community Food Members, regional depots and FareShare UK
- Assisting with arranging transport solutions to ensure efficient collection and distribution of food considering the environmental, social and financial impacts
- Managing and building existing working relationships and developing new working relationships with food donors
- Identifying trends in food surplus availability and using this knowledge to maximise food surplus uptake and minimise food wastage
- Ensuring accurate records are kept of food redistribution, keeping in-house databases up to date
- Delivering confident and effective presentations to a range of audiences to convey the purpose and mission of FareShare and to sell in the ethos of the organisation
- Generating appropriate content and ideas to assist with communications via social media
- Proactively supporting communications and PR in food donor relationships.
Essential skills include, but are not limited to:
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) at all levels (E)
- Proven excellent customer relationship skills and experience (E)
- Strong time management skills (E)
- Proven experience of successfully managing projects (E)
- Able to work on own initiative, effectively planning and organising your workload and coordinate other resources to meet deadlines. (E)
- Experience working in a target-driven environment and of developing and tracking plans to meet those targets (E)
- A high level of customer care ability and service delivery skills with proven experience of resolving supplier and/or customer issues satisfactorily. (E)
- Knowledge of and interest in sustainable development, corporate social responsibility (E)
Desirable skills include:
- Experience in the food industry in a sales, business development or manufacturing role (D)
- Ideally will have commercial relationship experience (D)