The role in a nutshell
teapigs are looking for a Head of International Business (Maternity Cover) to continue driving forward the International business strategy with a focus on China, lead the brand expansion into new markets through distributors/direct partners, and to deliver in existing markets through building strong relationships. They are seeking a self-starter, with proven expertise in international/export sales specifically within China, who enjoys working in a high-growth, fast-paced and innovative environment. You will be reporting into the Director of Incubation and have three direct reports.
This is a fixed term maternity cover contract, with an anticipated starting date of 1st September 2021 and a term of approximately 12 months, subject to change.
You’ll love this job if…
- You are a strategic thinker
- You are results driven!
- You are organised and have a good eye for detail
- You’re great at networking
- You’re great at multi-tasking and juggling lots of different tasks
- You have excellent problem solving skills
- You have excellent project management skills
- You have strong presentation skills
- You are an excellent communicator
- You like tea!
- Formulate and lead the Tata Consumer Products China growth strategy
- Lead (Project Management) the Tata Consumer Products Asia growth strategy
- Manage current teapigs distributor base, optimising sales growth
- Developing growth of new channels and markets for teapigs
- Oversee, develop and assist team with detailed in-country marketing plans
- Work efficiently with teams across the business to ensure a seamless customer support experience when required
- Account Management
- Responsibility for revenue and P&L targets for all international markets
- Mentor and motivate the international team
What you’ll need to do well / to fly
- Degree educated
- Proven experience working within the China market, preferably setting up and managing a Chinese entity (WFOE) with an understanding of local legal requirements
- Experience working with Alibaba, more specifically the Tmall (both TMG & TMC) platform along with other Chinese ecommerce platform such as JD.com
- Proven experience managing EU and international sales ideally within the FMCG industry
- Experience leading a small to medium sized team
- Financial forecasting and P&L experience
- Solid project management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- An excellent communicator
- Proven experience building and maintaining long term relationships internationally
Are we perfect for you?
teapigs is part of Tata Consumer Products. We operate as our own business and legal entity in our offices in Brentford but we collaborate closely with Tata Consumer Products across a number of channels. As part of your career journey with teapigs, there are wider opportunities in the world of tea and drinks. You can read more about teapigs below.
Nick and Louise started teapigs in November 2006 with a mission to get people drinking real tea again and to do things a little differently. They met whilst working for a big tea company, where they learned all about tea and drank loads of it. They soon came to realise that there was a whole world of quality teas out there that weren’t getting the attention they deserve. And so teapigs was born!
We’re committed to creating quality tea that’s accessible (without the pomp and ceremony!) is sustainable and gives back to tea growing communities. Simple, right!?
Skip to today, and we’re the number 1 super premium tea brand in the UK - we were the first to bring whole leaf tea in a mesh bag to the market, and more recently the first tea brand to be certified plastic-free. We are a certified B Corp company & London Living Wage employer who believe that we can use our business for good. We have a range of 34 wonderful teas, a brilliant online community, a much-loved brand, and a fantastic team of teapigs. You’ll now find teapigs in over 44 countries across the world. We have big growth plans and are excited about the future!
- To work in a flexible, supportive & friendly working culture
- Competitive salary and performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
- Summer hours! Early finish Fridays throughout summer
- Healthcare, free eye tests & enhanced pension scheme
- A cycle to work scheme (granted, slightly more useful when back in the office)
- A monthly tea allowance (yep, even while we work from home!)
- Online yoga and HIIT class every week
- Monthly WFH allowance to make sure you've got everything you need while we're working remotely
- Lots of support & personalised training to help you grow
- A dedicated 'team fun', who run regular teapigs socials!
We are excited to be building a diverse & inclusive business. As part of this, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome & encourage applications from all candidates regardless of your ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want people who can be themselves & be proud of the work they do.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (that bit is important!) explaining why you'd be fab for the role!
Please don’t send your application without a cover letter – they’re our favourite bit.