“Arguably The Best Scandi Bakery In Town” Time Out
We have been Denmark’s favourite bakery for over 20 years, serving delicious breads, pastries and cakes made by hand, single estate coffee, great breakfasts, premium salads, Danish open-faced sandwiches and freshly made baguettes. We opened our flagship Bakery in Piccadilly Circus in Xmas 2016 to huge acclaim and fantastic reviews, now you can join our Central Production bakery in Eccleston.
Ole & Steen is on an exciting growth journey – we currently operate 12 retail stores across London and we have plans to grow in 2021!
As a General Manager you'll be driven by a passion for amazing food and for leading an equally amazing team. You will have total responsibility and accountability for the day to day management of your store; leading by example at all times displaying exceptional hospitality and service along with enthusiasm and professionalism, in order to drive repeat business, success and brand loyalty.
We love what we do and who we surround ourselves with. This includes the people we work with, the sites we choose to open and the products we choose to serve
What you give is what you get and every act has consequence. This can be as simple as how you treat the people around you and your physical surroundings – respect given is respect gained.
The right to learn:
It is ok to experiment, as long as we learn from our failures as well as our successes. We are always looking to improve and try new things, regardless of outcome we can all learn something valuable.
- Guarantee that the business is effectively managed and staffed at all times
- Translate the store business plan into the operational day-to-day priorities
- Ensure that all opening and closing procedures including cleaning are recorded as per company’s requirements and brand standards.
- Ensure that all management and leaders provide a clear handover during shift changes and ensure each shift is reviewed, handovers/briefings are carried out and action points are recorded and achieved
- Understand how to implement actions from both verbal and written feedback promptly and efficiently to continuously improve the guest experience
- Lead by example on standard of bakery and personal presentation, ensuring good personal hygiene and uniform standards of self and team
- Have in depth knowledge of our food specifications and share that knowledge. Ensure that all dishes served to our guests adhere to them at all times.
- Grow sales of your store using up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the strengths of your business based on guest feedback, competitor awareness, targets and company strategy. Focus on successfully converting sales into profits, always aiming to exceed your targets.
- Complete forecasting and rotas using the company’s optimisation tools.
- With support and advice from the marketing team, lead local promotional activities and events designed to attract new guests. Take notice of your competitors’ activities and encourage all the team to do so. Know your local community, and any events which may impact your business
- Deliver results through the team. Develop the financial skills of your management team including margin management and cost controls in line with Company standards.
- Feedback P&L information and results to your wider team and involve them in creating action plans that achieve your targets.
- Set the expectation of the achievement of sales and other KPI’s as set by the Operations Manager and in-line with any marketing campaigns or promotional offers.
- Motivate your team with effective incentives help you deliver your goals and drive sales performance in your business
- Analyse financial information and effectively cascade this to your team in a clearly understandable way to make proactive and timely decisions
- ·Manage costs commercially without compromising standards and customer experience
Safety & Compliance:
- Ensure all cashing up processes are strictly adhered to and all discrepancies are investigated and reported. Ensure all other administration and paperwork is completed accurately, on time and in line with company’s requirements and audits.
- Set the highest standards of compliance with the aim to always exceed set target and to comply with all legislative and Company Food Hygiene and Health & Safety requirements and helps to promote a positive safety culture throughout the business
- Achieve EHO and company’s auditing standards.
- Be a reference point for your bakery in all areas of legislative and company standards, policies and procedures such as Employment Law, Licensing Laws, financial management, security procures and others.
- Work closely with your management team, fully understand and support each other.
- Be the aspirational role model of an Ole & Steen leader for staff, reflecting its unique culture and belief in excellent standards at all times
- Encourage your management team to lead weekly and/or monthly structured meetings to review progress and set weekly objectives/targets, sharing information, training and recognition.
- To ensure all staff are well briefed on their responsibilities and are given constant supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work
- Set the standard for recognising and rewarding individual and team achievements. Communicate and implement all company reward and recognition initiatives. Give constructive feedback and share your ideas to ensure that we have rewards which are valued by our teams.
- Lead the recruitment and selection of employees to the agreed staffing levels and develop the team to focus on guest experience and exceptional standards to maximise performance and reduce labour turnover
- Identify training needs and capability gaps within the team and create individualised Personal Development Plans
- Give regular feedback to your team and invite regular feedback from them