Recently recognised by the Sunday Times fast track as one of the UK’s top 100 fastest growing companies, White Stores is an exciting, successful, well-resourced and very ambitious consumer goods business. Last year the company achieved sales of c£30 million across retail, wholesale and web based sales. This year will be well over double that and with a roadmap to become a household name this role will be integral in achieving that.
THE ROLE: Head of Insight & Data
This is a new role and will be integral in delivering future growth by delivering insight to all aspects of the business. It will enable commercial data driven business decisions to be made for the now and the future and heavily assist in laying out what that future strategy looks like.
The business is data rich, but it needs harnessing and utilising. As a new function there will be an small team initially which can be shaped as the business grows.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Architecting and implementing the data insight and reporting infrastructure across the business
- Accessing and leveraging key data and insight from our ERP tool (Netsuite)
- Work closely with the CRM team to deliver customer insight, segmentation and reporting
- Lead and mentor the web analyst in support of ecommerce and the digital functions
- Generating key insight and business intelligence for the buying departments
- Creating Trading dashboards and required business MI
- Creating further regular MI reports, adhoc reports and self-serve reports – wherever possible minimize the need for manual reports
- Communicating to different levels of stakeholder, from CEO to account exec
- Presenting key Insight findings to board level
- Manage and assist the commercial strategy manager in development of project briefs and analysis
- Lead, motivate, inspire, manage, create and maintain a world class Insight & Data team
- Identify and provide feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of coaching & development opportunities
- Continually look to identify areas of improvement
CANDIDATE PROFILE – Head of Insight & Data
The Insight & Data team is based in Wickford, Essex and is a crucial function within the wider White Stores team. While some flexibility is expected, we anticipate the role being office based at least 2 days a week, so the job holder needs to live within a commutable
We seek an Insight & Data professional with 10-12 years of experience, ideally within a retail environment and who has led an Insight team for at least 5 years. Additional qualities will include:
- A commercially led mindset that can translate data into reports that deliver real insight and commercial advantage.
- An expert in presenting data and insight in a format that the audience understands.
- Experienced in working across different data sets, ranging from customer and stock data through to web analytics.
- Comfortable in using insight and data tools, Netsuite and Google Analytics would be a big advantage. Able to make recommendations on any further tools that are required.
- Used to working closely with department heads to understand where their gains and opportunities can be found.
The successful candidate will enjoy an attractive reward package and an exciting role in a dynamic business.
For more information please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine on 01275 813030 or email email@example.com
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.