Digital Shopper Marketing Controller
South East - flex to work from home 3 days a week
Negotiable salary but competitive, plus strong benefits
This well-known, global, branded drinks business is looking for an eCommerce expert to join their super capable Marketing team in the role of Digital Shopper Marketing Controller. As a highly ambitious and successful business with a portfolio of household name brands, they have only just scratched the surface of the eCommerce channel and so are now looking for an experienced eComm professional to bring expertise and guidance to their Marketing & Commercial teams, and to own lead and develop best-in-class online shopper marketing strategies and activations.
You will understand the market, current and future, and be able to take a commercially astute, long term, big picture, and ambitious view, to create a compelling business strategy and ensure its execution. As well as being familiar with the Grocery channel, an understanding of Amazon and other marketplaces would be hugely advantageous as would an understanding of brand-owned D2C websites.
If you want to create change and drive online success, in an established business, with world-class brands then keep reading…..
- Lead, own, and develop the e-commerce strategy, road map, and operational plans
- Embed and focus e-commerce as part of the strategic planning process
- Support customer account teams with clear e-commerce playbook, insight, training, and tools to deliver the e-commerce opportunity
- Lead and enable the conversion of consumer, customer, and shopper insights into activation ecommerce.
- Responsible for developing in-depth Shopper Marketing “tailored” packages for key strategic customers and evaluating performance
- Develop an industry-leading eCommerce strategy to enable delivery against key KPI’s
- Set up tracking dashboards for e-commerce revenue across key customers
- Own channel-specific project plans which detail all brand activation plans 18 months ahead
- Budgeting and management of all digital marketing
- Work closely with the Category team to translate category and portfolio strategy into insight-led shopper activations to disproportionately grow the UK portfolio.
- Set and manage e-joint business planning with key customers
- Set up KPI audit reporting across key brands and big retailers
- Work cross-functionally (i.e. marketing, insights, sales) to create a “virtual” team that supports delivery with key customers.
- Work closely with the brand team, ensuring brand communication is delivered with consistency through the line
- Fully understand every brand strategy and how they are translated into customer activation
- Provide added value solutions to arm the sales teams with, in their interaction with customers
- Communication of Shopper Marketing activity and strategy to all key internal customers
Skills & Experience
- Significant previous experience in both Trade/Shopper Marketing and eCommerce gained from commercial leadership roles within an FMCG business
- Leadership of cross-functional teams
- Proven accountability for the delivery of through the line activations
- Strong evidence of planning and project management
- Strong understanding of premium brand building and resulting brand portfolio management
- Budget management experience
- Ability to translate insight into action
- Experience in managing conflicting requirements
- Understanding different channels of trade and how activation works within them
- Solid understanding of customer data sources i.e. Dunnhumby, Aimia, Nielsen, Kantar to take insight into action
- Category planning understanding
This opportunity would suit a driven and energetic individual with a desire to create change, who does not get easily frustrated. You will need to influence and challenge the business to do things differently, so resilience and resourcefulness are essential to success in this role.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience, then please apply with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN THE UK AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE COUNTRY