Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
Hovis is looking for an energetic Brand Manager to play a key role in supporting transformational plans which will continue to establish Hovis as a sustainable growing business creating value for all stakeholders.
We are looking for a bright, ambitious and entrepreneurial marketer with a passion for transforming Brands and inspiring strategic change to achieve our brand ambition.
The Brand Manager will have the exciting opportunity to work with great agencies and broad cross-functional teams to support the delivery of projects and campaigns that deliver outstanding results for the Hovis brand.
The main purpose of this role is to be a key player in the development and delivery of annual brand plans, leading key projects and supporting cross-functional teams to deliver inspiring marketing activity.
Some responsibilities will include -
- Project management and brand lead of key NPD and EPD initiatives through stage and gate process framework. From insight lead proposition development through to execution
- Through the line (TTL) Activation campaigns, including social media and shopper marketing
- Managing the marketing budget
- Leading packaging design and artwork origination across multiple core and new skus
- Supporting the brand planning process including leading bringing to life key initiatives for internal and retailer presentations
The ideal candidate will be passionate about marketing and having an impact on our business and brand. With a full marketing mix background and desire to work across strategy, development and activation is critical. With a can-do, sleeves up attitude the candidate will fit in brilliantly to a lean but passionate cross functional team driven by the ambition to drive exponential growth.
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate has a strong academic background (university degree of 2:1 or above) or significant experience.
- You will be currently operating at Brand Manager level
- You will already have extensive experience in a UK FMCG food environment.
- Exposure to consumer and shopping marketing including a mix of activities such as strategy development, brand planning, Innovation, NPD launches, project management, campaign development, PR, digital, experiential, ATL
- You will have had experience managing Marketing budgets
- Success in launching new innovation to market and experience with Online Marketing ideally
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
There are a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer enhanced annual leave and maternity/paternity leave, and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.