Position: Senior Director, Enterprise Compliance
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
The Enterprise Compliance Snr Director has responsibility for managing, controlling, and directing all of the activities of the Enterprise Compliance team. The Director provides leadership and expertise to multiple facilities to ensure global compliance to regulations supporting the overall profitability and growth of the corporation. Responsibilities include implementing, coordinating and ensuring consistent compliance practices on a company-wide basis for the company's International Trade & Compliance matters and therefore managing, controlling and reducing risk liability for the corporation. This role Provides leadership and expertise and fundamental guidance and direction on Compliance topics / Trade Compliance and Ethics & Compliance issues across all McCormick business units and divisions in order to meet compliance obligations and to minimize risk/ penalties /seizures and delays to the corporation. Provides a detailed understanding of Food Regulations and Technical country requirements and communicates the impact to business partners at McCormick Inc. Provides Global business process knowledge and Import & Export business knowledge relating to Government and Compliance matters/processes.
- Globally manages the design and configuration process and changes of SAP/GTS
- Manages HTS/ Tariff code rules/ Preference and FTA at WTO (World Trade Org) level.
- Understand Global Compliance rules and processes as it relates to Trade Compliance and Ethics & Compliance
- Manages, leads and prioritizes the Organization team’s work to ensure deadlines and customer expectations are met, and business operations are not interrupted.
- Managing risk (local/ regional and global) associated with each McCormick activity as it relates to Trade, Ethics, Compliance
- Plans process and procedures to support and formalize a Global /Enterprise Compliance organization responsible for ensuring compliance with government regulations
- Responsible for the EC department’s budget
- Leads complex process and system cross-functional/cross-divisional/global projects and initiatives
- Participates in and leads/ support new business opportunities & involved in Commercialization process through the team
- Participates in the execution of tactical initiatives related to technological advances.
- Leads process improvements for all of the Enterprise Compliance department
- Leads process design and maintenance, coordination and communication of decisions – how, when and what to update, taking into consideration impact to the global business community and downstream processes. International Trade / Compliance process decisions must adhere to established standards, controls, and processes.
- Manages and Communicates extensively with Sales & Marketing, Operations, Product Development, Quality Management, Logistics, Purchasing, and Finance globally. Communicates across all Mc business units.
- On a daily basis, gathers information needed to ensure compliance across the organization.
- Interacts with all levels of management in both NA, APZ/China and EMEA.
- Leads global projects charged with developing International trade compliance/Compliance and process improvements.
- Lead the Global Ethics & Compliance department, works closely with legal to stay connected.
- Reports on risk and compliance published on regular basis, to ensure that it meets the regulators requirements
- Involved in M&A Due diligence stage, conduct risk assessment and understand requirements and impacts on the EC Dept and the target company
- Stays current and up to date on Regulations that impact Trade or Compliance for the business; assess impact and communicate to stakeholders
- Leads the team, provides ‘role model’ behavior that the team aspire too. Motivates the team to obtain the best results and inspires the team to do more
- Ability to look at big picture but can also work in the ‘weeds’
- Works with Legal and the team to devise Risk Matrix and Horizon scanning of Risk in order to prioritize workload and keep the business up to date
- Organizes Global meetings, ensures collaboration and engagement across Global EC team
- Has the ability to challenge decisions/thoughts/process and feels comfortable asking questions and digging deep to get the best results
- Communicates extensively to all parts of the business on any impact assessment; keeps the business proactively involved in any topic /risk related to their area.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication & organization skills
- Demonstrated success leading projects, recommendations and change
- Ability to communicate across peers and up 1 or 2 levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with changing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent Leadership Qualities and Communication skills
- Core values around Teamwork and developing the Team and Managers
- Global perspective and thirst for knowledge and challenges
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Trade Compliance
- Strategic Thinking required but also ability to work in day to day
- Proficiency with MS Access, Power Point and Word
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience working with an ERP –SAP/GTS- highly Technical in experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Distribution, Logistics, Transportation, International Business , Trade Compliance or related field with 5 years’ experience in Trade Compliance
- Experience of Ethics & Compliance would be preferred
- Experience with GTS
- Experience in the food, beverage, ingredient, and/or flavor manufacturing industry
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply send your CV with the cover letter.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.