Responsible for profitably managing sales, forecasting and developing an existing portfolio of major UK accounts including supermarkets and high street retailers . You will be responsible for driving growth across your account base, introducing new brands, and building strong relationships with your buyers.
- Strategic Planning, Forecasting & Sales Planning.
- Establish present retailers timelines for Spring Sales Presentations, Autumn Winter Sales Presentations, and order due dates
- Prepare Joint Business Plans for each buyer/ category, (Store count, catalogue, Web etc)
- Study accounts and propose promotional activity for the Business Plan such as print and catalogue ads, end caps, Save promotions, etc. for the account in a timely manner. This includes financial requirements
- Maintain business plan throughout the whole year/ Season
- Prepare item forecast for each account and maintain the forecast throughout the season
- Present business plans to customer in line with retailer seasonal timescales
- Analyse EPOS data weekly, share insights and strategies with UK MD and other Departments
- Proactively work with the account and Brand Marketing to find out retailer cross-licensing opportunities, in-store promotions, ad promotions, and license commitments regularly and in a timely manner. Once established, make sure company related licensed products are prominently represented in the retailers programs
- Work with customers merchandise/ stock team to ensure correct stock levels
- Proactively and timely follow through and close sales according to the sales plan
- Schedule, plan, and attend company sales meetings
- Provide competitions’ information and product needs for key accounts
- Monitor the achievement of Sales goals and variances to the business plan on a monthly basis
- Based on the Company’s strategic plan, develop short and long-term sales goals
- Current Toy industry experience of developing and maintaining sales relationships with national retail accounts. Grocer experience essential
- Demonstrable experience of managing high turnover portfolios.
- To have existing relationships with the major retailers, but also able to present to new clients
- Able to demonstrate they can influence senior decision-makers
- Must be self driven and a strategic thinker
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities
- Ability to develop, present, achieve and monitor JBPs
- Ability to control and monitor financial requirements with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate sales data and market info to other areas of the business
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
- Strong excel skills with vlookup and pivot tables
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Can do, positive attitude and good at finding solutions to problems
It is likely that you are currently already working for one of the top toy brands in the UK and are used to handling large turnover.
Contact: Shelley Velati
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.